Skip dose or reduce?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by RockyRoo, Dec 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockyRoo

RockyRoo New Member

Basically I work long hours so the way Rocky's dosing schedule works is he gets his PM shot 10 hours after his AM shot on some days. Usually his PMPS number is high enough I'm comfortable with that but yesterday afternoon it was around 215, and today isn't looking "better" at 173 +9. I can't stall any longer. No one else is around to give him a shot and/or check his blood sugar. In this instance, would it be better to skip a shot entirely or reduce the dose? Yesterday I decided to lower the dose by 0.5 unit and leave out some MC canned along with his normal LC canned. Someone checked on him after a couple hours to look for symptoms and he was fine, but she wasn't comfortable testing him. I don't have enough data yet to know how low he usually drops.

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Skipping is fine if you're worried. Without more data it's hard to know what Rocky is thinking!

If you have a day when you can get a curve (testing every 2 hrs for a 12-hr cycle or every 3 hours for 18 hrs), that would be very helpful. At this point, there's no way to know where Rocky's nadir is or how low this dose is taking him.

jayla-n-Drevon and RockyRoo like this.
  3. RockyRoo

RockyRoo New Member

Yes I plan on doing a curve tomorrow and maybe another on Tues! It's just hard to get midcycle numbers reliably when I work 12 hours and then have to sleep :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.