Skipped dose now what

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Nate's Person, Jul 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nate's Person

Nate's Person New Member

I skipped tonight's 1 unit of Lantus because Nate was 7 (126) at his usual PMPS. 3 hours later he is up to 11.5 (207). I was going to wait until morning to see his level (high I'm sure) and dose him then...What would you do?

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

If it is already 3 hours past shot time, you will need to wait until his next shot time. If you give a shot now, you will have to adjust your next shot time to be 12 hours from now.

The Lantus forum is usually be best place to go for dosing advice/questions.

Nate's Person likes this.
  3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Next time you get a Pre-shot you're not sure about shooting, try stalling instead of skipping.

When you stall, don't feed and test again in 20-30 minutes (and use that time to post for help)

If the number goes up, it's usually going to be OK to go ahead and shoot because if the number goes up without food, it's a pretty good indication that the last shot is wearing off, but the first few times someone shoots a lower number, we want someone with experience to be willing and able to watch out for them as long as necessary.

It's really too late now to shoot, but IF you want to adjust your shot times to earlier, you can shoot when you want to in the morning (just a suggestion if you're interested in changing shot times)

Nate's Person likes this.
  4. Nate's Person

Nate's Person New Member

Ah, ok. I'll remember that next time. My vet told me to just skip it if it was low, so that's what I was thinking at the time.

Thank you both for answering so quickly!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.