Sleepless in Texas

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Evie Corso, Aug 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evie Corso

Evie Corso Member

Not familiar with forums and not sure if posting a thread is how I start or whether I add to another post or thread or whatever we call the sections here, but I need help. I don’t know where to start, but vet isn’t enough help and my cat is spending too much time with a high blood glucose!

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome Evie. Ok, you are here because you have a diabetic cat and need help. You reached the right place. This site is fairly simple and you found the right place to begin. This forum is specifically to introduce yourself and your cat.
    First, create a signature, here's how:
    In the upper right corner of the screen, within the dark blue bar, you will see your user name, Inbox, and Alerts
    Click on your user name: Evie Corso. This will open a menu.
    On the left, under Settings, Click on Signature.
    This is where you will put information that helps us give you feedback.
    There is a limit of 2 hard returns; you may separate pieces with commas, dashes, | etc.
    This is where you paste the link for your spreadsheet, once it is set up.
    Add any other text, such as
    your name,
    cat's name,
    date of Dx (diagnosis)
    insulin
    meter
    any other pertinent issues like if there are any food issues, history of DKA, hepatic lipidosis, pancreatitis, allergies, IBD, etc.
    a general geographic location
    Click the Save Changes button at the bottom.

Evie, the signature will be attached to each of your posts and you won't have to repeat the information.

Ask general cat health questions (cat not eating, what kind of food to feed, constipation, etc) in the Main Forum:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/feline-health-the-main-forum.28/
    You mention your cat is staying too long in high BG numbers. There are specific insulin support forums, I don't know your insulin or I would give you a link.
    Go back out to the forum list, scroll down until you see the list of insulin support groups and click on the insulin you use. Start a thread just like you did here. Make your signature first though, so they have that information.
    Tell us more information so we can help.

Evie Corso likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.