Sleepy Girl

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Peppersmom72, Nov 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peppersmom72

Peppersmom72 Member

I just wanted to give an update on Pepper. She has been sleeping a lot today. Maybe the curve yesterday wore her out. She was meowing at me every 2 hours last night for food. Today, she's not asking for any, but when I tell her its time to eat, she does. Her BG this morning before her first shot of insulin and food was 539. I tested again at noon and it was 430. This stuff is wears off too fast. Hopefully the vet can tell me some answers on Monday. Her next shot isn't due until 6pm. Poor girl has to go 6 hrs without relief.

2. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

As long as everything else seems ok she may only be a little bit tired

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

It's not unusual for them to act a little out of whack when we first start treatment either.

We're introducing insulin.....it's forcing their blood glucose to go into places it hasn't been for awhile....that alone can make them feel a little more tired than usual.

4. Peppersmom72

Peppersmom72 Member

Ok. Good news is that she didn't go above 500 between her first shot and 2nd shot this evening. That's a first for her since starting insulin.

Sharon14 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.