SLGS or TR

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by majandra, Dec 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

What are the pros/cons on SLGS vs TR?

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I don't think there are really any pros for SLGS other than if you can't test enough to keep kitty safe. It's probably also better for people who are really scared/nervous …..and if there's any dry food in the picture, it's the only choice you have. Increases are only done every 7 days which can leave a cat in higher numbers longer than is best for them. Reductions are taken when they drop below 90

TR allows doses to be increased as often as every 3 days so if you're not getting kitty where you want them, you can increase more often. It requires more testing and some days, nerves of steel, but it allows them to have the best chance at remission. Reductions are taken when they drop below 50 (on a human meter)

Cats have gone OTJ using both dosing methods, but TR works better for most, especially if remission is the (hopeful) goal.

Sharon14 and majandra like this.
  3. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

Thank you- that is kind of what I thought, but it's nice to have it in one handy place. I believe there are a couple others here in the midst of deciding their protocol too.

4. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.