Slight dose increase but we see more blue

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Waheeda, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Waheeda

Waheeda Well-Known Member

If anyone can shed some light. At 1.75u I get more greens than when I increase slightly. 5th cycle tonight. I don’t understand it.

2. Si am cat mom

Si am cat mom Well-Known Member

.... it is a smaller increase than the other 0.25's you had been doing. You could try and grab more test though because we don't know what happened during the day 2/12 as compared to some of the other days where you've gotten 2-4 tests like on 2/1. Not criticising- just saying there wasn't enough information for an equal comparison.
    But if you look, even from 1.25 to 1.5 at the beginning of January you didn't see much of a difference.
    Maybe with the smaller range of numbers- 80's to 140's you just get smaller changes than you do with the larger ranges you were seeing before ( in early January when the BG was ranging from the low 100s to 220s) .You aren't stuck here...you can always go up in a few cycles

3. Waheeda

Thanks Ari!
    But I don’t understand why I got higher pre shot numbers after the increase? He had nice green pre shots for 3 days. I was hoping the increase will lower the preshot more. That’s my target.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sometimes you just have to be patient. His numbers can still come down. That AMPS is almost green.

5. Si am cat mom

Si am cat mom Well-Known Member

I personally ignore my AMPS numbers when it comes to my stress levels. I have been told and read that they are the last numbers to settle down and make sense...

I am more encouraged at the evening cycles and PMPS greens that you have been getting more and more consistently. Remember when the only real progress in those BG's was during the day....and you got all those nasty yellow numbers overnight ....? I DO !!! ;):D:p

Look at that (90) already !

6. Waheeda

Thanks @carfurby and @Si am cat mom !

I have been very patient actually! Just that u would think dose increase equates to lower numbers. He had lovely greens for a while.
    I’m hoping for green at pre shot so that he’ll stay green and lower at nadir. Maybe he hasn’t hit the magic dose yet.