Small lump :(

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by TrixtersMommy, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrixtersMommy

TrixtersMommy Member

Hi all. I hope everyone and their furkids are well. Recently I discovered a small, hard lump on Trixters back leg, near his knee. The lump is about the size of a pea, a little smaller. It is not on the muscle, it is under the skin from what I can tell. It does not seem discolored, aside from being slightly lighter than his skin. It does not seem to bother him. His health is normal, aside from his usual megacolon issues which are, I'd say, 95% under control. He is playful, eating well, etc. He does not go outside.

I am worried sick. :? :YMSIGH: confused_cat I can't take him tot he vet right now, so I was hoping someone here had dealt with this before and maybe it is just a small sebaceous (sp?) cyst that will go away on its own or stay the same size and not bother him. I can't help but think of the horrible C word... :(

Any replies will be appreciated. *HUGS*

Love,
    ~ Bobbi and the crew ~

2. Jean and Charcoal

Jean and Charcoal Well-Known Member

Hi Bobbi,

My Schooner has several lumps like that now. One near his right eye, and one on his left front leg. About the size of a pea. They are right in the skin and can be moved around, especially the one on the leg. What his are, are usually called Follicular cysts or Sebaceous cysts. The one by his eye busted open not too long ago and oozy pinkish stuff came out. It healed up and seems okay. The vet said not to worry with them, that they are most likely just benign cysts.

Until you can get him seen by the vet, I would not lose sleep over it. Easier said than done, but if I can find the table of cysts and stuff that I saved a while back, I will post that here later tonight. I have to run to the store right now.

Take care!
    Jean and Charcoal (GA)

3. TrixtersMommy

TrixtersMommy Member

Thank you so much! That makes me feel so much better! I have been freaking out!! He is getting ticked off cat(2)_steam and biting me now when I look at it... lol, cause I keep bugging him about it!

4. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

5. Jean and Charcoal

Jean and Charcoal Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.