Smokey our 1st diabetic

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by angelaLiz, Aug 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angelaLiz

angelaLiz New Member

One day out of the blue our baby was sick. Went to the vet and after a 2 day stay. We found out she was diabetic. This happened in May of this year. We are having a hard time affording all of this. She is on ProZinc 3 units 2x a day. Our vet charges $127 per bottle and not only the treatment cost at the vet over $1,200 we are paying on. Is there anywhere I can get her ProZinc at a cheaper cost?

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Yes! I just ordered Prozinc from chewy.com for $96 It arrived in a styrofoam cooler with still frozen ice packs despite it being over 90 degrees. Free shipping. Also if you test at home you won’t need to go to the vet for curves. I have a video in my signature showing how I test my cat CC at home.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  3. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Most likely Chewy is your best bet. I think that's the cheapest I've seen it. Have you heard of DCIN (Diabetic Cats in Need)? They might be able to help some with cost if you need it.

4. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Definitely start testing at home if you aren’t already. It will save you sooo much money compared to vet visits. When you’re testing at home you don’t need to go in for tests and dose adjustments. We are very happy to help you learn how if you’re interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.