Snafu One month OTJ Today ...

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Janet Qatar, Nov 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janet Qatar

Janet Qatar Member

So happy to report that today is the one month mark. We have made it - Snafu still has a big appetite and cries for food , he has always been greedy, I think that comes from his background (he found us he was either a dumped pet or a street cat) but in my mind dumped as too polite for a street cat. His ear was tipped from TNR we now feed him twice a day at 7am & 7pm but he wants dinner at 4- 5pm but I try to stick with the routine in case I upset the routine, I am afraid to change in case it makes him sick or it messes with his system again...
    He now has two foster brothers - and may have a third as a poor little kitten has turned up at my office and of course we could not turn it away so he also lives at my work but that cant be permanent so we will try to get the kitten vet checked and bring him home as well .....
    pics of office kitten attached IMG_1716.JPG IMG_1785.JPG

Madeline528 and BJM like this.
  2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

That's great about Snafu, Janet! How is Snafu getting along with his new brothers? The new kitten is adorable, have you named him yet?

Janet Qatar likes this.
  3. Janet Qatar

Janet Qatar Member

Hi Sharon, Snafu is not so keen on the foster cats- one of the foster cats is now officially ours we have adopted him :cat: Star the cat with one eye and poor vision in the other eye is definately a keeper as he seems to interact OK with Snafu, they are both older and laid back. The younger cat Sylus has turned out to be quite a biter and even bit my face so after that we dont think he will fit in with Snafu (and his FIV) . Sylus sadly needs to be an only cat and have a different life style so he will go back to another foster mum.
    The kitten has an Arabic name- he is called Mubasher - my company is called Direct and thats the rough arabic translation. as he is the office cat for Direct Real Estate at the present time. He is so sweet and cute with golden eyes and such a nice nature, but I have never seen a cat that kneads so much he is constantly kneading if he jumps on the chair he will massage you with his little paws.. Im guessing that he was away from his mum from such a young age ? he even does the kneeding when he sits on a hard floor and walks ?
    How is Colin ?

4. Sharon14

Well Mubasher is adorable! Sorry Sylus didn't work out for you. Hopefully he'll find the right forever home soon. Colin is doing ok. He just had a dental done and they had to pull 2 teeth, so I hope that will help him. Thanks for asking. Keep us posted about Snafu and his brothers.

Janet Qatar likes this.
  5. Janet Qatar

Janet Qatar Member

Ive just found out more about Star our new adopted cat - he was found 5 kittens alone along side their dead mother 3 of them had eye deformities I think his were the worst and the others had all been adopted and he had been left. There is no official shelter in Qatar just some great people that do what they can , so a Team Called CAT housed him at a temp shelter and he has been in and out of foster... https://www.facebook.com/CATofQatar...043303792542/1158957277467806/?type=3&theater
    There are so many more her in Qatar that need help I wish I could save them all - how can people be so cruel to dump pets in this harsh climate when we get summers at over 50deg c or 122 F !!

6. Sharon14

I know what you mean about cruelty, and unfortunately it's everywhere. I want to save them all too, that's why I have 14! If I was in a place where I didn't have predators, and they could live outside in the barn, I'd have more. There's just no more room inside.

Janet Qatar likes this.
  7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Look at Mubashers feet!. He is going to be a large boy. He is beautiful though. He likes working maybe he can earn his keep. Lol

Sharon14 likes this.
  8. Janet Qatar

Janet Qatar Member

I didnt notice the size of his feet ! Your right, they are huge, Please see the pic of him when he arrived at the office dirty and thin ... IMG_1682.JPG BTW we are not on the ground floor we are located on the second floor of a building so he came up the stairs to our office ..

9. Sharon14

What a sweetheart!

Janet Qatar likes this.
  10. granadilla

granadilla Well-Known Member

Congrats on being OTJ for a month! You can feed Snafu several small meals rather than just feed him twice a day. Some people even say that multiple small meals are better for the pancreas. I don't know if you can get an automatic feeder but some people freeze a portion of food and then by the time the feeder opens that compartment, it will have thawed enough for him to eat.

I think Mubasher is very cute! I hope he gets along well with Snafu and Star. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Congratulations Janet and Snafu! :otj: It's a wonderful milestone and hoping many many more anniversaries of OTJ!!! And Mabasher is adorable! You are a good bean, Janet to take in so many cats in need. I hope you'll stick around to keep us updated on everyone. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Janet Qatar likes this.
  12. Janet Qatar

Janet Qatar Member

Thanks Bobbie I would like to save them all its such a problem here .. Im just worried about Snafu when we go home for Xmas he does not like it when he is not showered with his usual attention, but he will be looked after at home in our house . Will keep you updated on the newbies and his progress. Sending big hugs to you and Bubba.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.