Sneezing

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by alexi456, Jun 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexi456

alexi456 Member

Hi, this may sound really crazy but just wondering if anyone else’s cat sneezes a lot when really high? We are still getting the hang of the home testing so I haven’t got any numbers to confirm this but I’ve definitely noticed some behavioural traits when his glucose is up one is he gets crazy hungry and the other is he seems to start sneezing a lot and I was wondering if this is normal?

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I have never seen sneezing listed as a symptom of high glucose. Mia never did that from high glucose.

(By the way, please be aware that they can also get hungry due to their glucose dropping too low.)

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Sneezing is likely just tge herpes virus. One of mine started that after treatment for lymphoma. Stress can bring it out. It goes away on its own. They used to suggest lysine but recent info says it doesn’t really help.

4. Kathryn & Nugget

Kathryn & Nugget Member

My Nugget girl sneezes when she drinks water- only noticed this after 3 day stint in hospital for kidney failure... She had some minor sneezes here and there and I added lysine powder to her food- but then she stopped eating because of the kidneys, so she never really got a decent dose of it.

5. Beck

Beck Member

It's weird, but the same thought about high glucose and sneezing has crossed my mind. Pepper seems like she's extra sniffly/sneezy within the couple of hours before her insulin shots. Could be just a coincidence though. Might be worth logging it sometime to see if there is any correlation.

6. Anne Biddle

Anne Biddle Member

Before his diagnosis Truffles used to have the occasional sneezing fits. Nothing since! Interesting thought ...

7. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

My Jackson gets terrible sneezing fits sometimes. When I finally remember to, I give him L-lysine treats and they stop completely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.