So thankful to have found this forum

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ellen&Chooch, May 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellen&Chooch

Ellen&Chooch New Member

Hello from Chooch, aka Choocher, Choochie, or Choochie-no-pants (when he insists on removing the hair on his back end :facepalm: ) and his Mom, Ellen. We found out on Tuesday that Chooch is diabetic. Still in the very early stages of heavy research and acceptance. I left the vet's office feeling pretty hopeless, but have buoyed since finding this site. I will create a signature and spreadsheet as soon as I pick up the supplies. Just wanted to say hi in the meantime and thank you for creating an oasis of knowledge and positive energy during this sudden and unexpected path we now find ourselves on...

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Good morning and welcome Ellen and Chooch. I am so glad that you found FDMB and feel much less hopeless about the diagnosis. Feline diabetes is treatable and many cats live happy healthy lives with the proper treatment. I am very happy to read that you will be setting up the signature and spreadsheet as it's so very helpful when you have questions or concerns.
    Going forward you can post general health questions on the Main Health forum HERE and more specific insulin related questions on the insulin support forum for the insulin Chooch will be on. There are what we call "stickies" at the top of the insulin support groups that provide information about the insulin, how it works and how to use it.
    There are a couple of places to get more information for this new journey in your life, the Getting Started and Education sections on the Home page, and the FAQs forum.
    It sounds like you have had a look around at the different forums so far, that's great! There is a whole lot of information to read, learn and absorb, but please don't get discouraged. It does all fall into place and we will help all we can. Step by step, you will be helping Chooch to better health and to feel much better.
    Let us know what you need some help with, we are all in this together and it's a wonderful supportive community. :cat:

Ellen&Chooch likes this.
  3. Ellen&Chooch

Ellen&Chooch New Member

Thanks Lou. I'll take a look at those pages and see you in the main health forum.

4. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Welcome Ellen! Once you start learning more about diabetes it is AWESOME how much less dire things seem. There is so much support here, you'll love it :)

See you around the board :D

Ellen&Chooch likes this.
  5. Ellen&Chooch

Ellen&Chooch New Member

Thanks Amanda!

6. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome Ellen and little Choochie! :cat: I'm glad you found this Forum, we're all here together for the same reason: help our kitty to have a good healthy life! There is a huge amount of information and always someone to help, which is very comforting! Once you're ready just post wherever it fits you, the Main Health or the Insulin forum, and ask all the questions you have ! :)

7. Ellen&Chooch

Ellen&Chooch New Member

Thank you, Lyane!

8. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Welcome to one of the best communities no one wants to be in, lol :bighug:. Will see you and Chooch on the Main Health Forum :cat:

Ellen&Chooch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.