Soccer 2/12

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by MicheleS, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MicheleS

MicheleS Member

Soccer has been doing really well without any insulin since 2/6. But, I'm still BID testing. And... I'm glad I am. Because... last night his PMPS was ~130 (it was running in the green). My no shoot was formerly 150 but I'm considering lowering it to 130 tomorrow. thoughts on this? this amps he was 120. I *am* happy with these #'s but they seem right on "the line" of being acceptable. WWYD?

Hope everyone has a great day!
    Michele

2. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Michele,
    Have you ever checked Soccer's bg an hour after food? This is one way to see how well the pancreas is working. The bg's should drop after food if it's working. This might tell you how low Soccer is going. I know in the last week Lori's Tom was high in the am, but she discovered that he was going low after a small dose because he ate with the insulin. And the food lowered him. Just a thought...maybe you've already done this.

I hope Soccer continues to do so well. You've been doing great!

3. MicheleS

MicheleS Member

I have done that. It dropped a little. (still above 100 but less that whatever it was at the amps or pmps) So, it is working, but not optimally.

4. Kira & Max

Kira & Max Member

I don't have any advice for you, but wanted to say I'm glad to hear Soccer seems to be doing well still.

5. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

I don't have any advice, but I think we are in the same boat. I have experimented with not shooting & waiting for a higher #, and also with shooting on lower PSs. I'm not sure that I like either approach frankly, and mostly these days am trying to bury my head in the sand :roll: and hope he just starts getting DDs more regularly.

If you find a strategy that you like, I would love to hear about it!!!! Seems like there are several of us with similar dilemmas, maybe we need to start a club! :D

6. FurballLover

FurballLover Member

Can I join your club too ;-) Charlie was in the blue 4 days ago, right now in the green. I'm just worried the numbers will rise again.
    It seems that testing at +1/+2/+3 a few times will give a better picture of how he is processing his food. I would try that for a few days before giving insulin.
    Is anyone testing for ketones? I haven't yet--not sure if I need to with lower bg's.
    It looks like we all have kitties whose P's are trying hard to work! Best wishes for a week in the green :D

Jen

7. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

All I can say is what I personally would do, and I would shoot at 130. This is assuming you will be home to monitor AND you are comfortable with doing so. Again, were it me and I was nervous, I might consider shooting a slightly reduced dose, but I do not know the advisability of doing so. When I got into a similar place with Buzz to where you're at now (although she wasn't OTJ yet), I would often increase or decrease by 0.1u to try to finesse things.

Again, please keep in mind that I am not advising you to do this, or saying it's appropriate. That is just what I would do in your situation if you are afraid that his #s are going to creep back up. Also, FWIW, Buzz was off insulin for a week, then she needed 2 shots of 2 DROPS of insulin each shot, and then she went OTJ. So don't despair! ECID, etc, but something like that could be going on for Soccer too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.