Soft Poop!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by RenaRF, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RenaRF

RenaRF Member

Ok. It's been almost a week since I took Clide off of dry food after his glucose curve came in at pretty much 300 BG throughout the day last Wednesday 12/28. He's eating Merrick Cowboy Cookout (loves it).

In the past two days, his poops have become really soft. Not diarrhea, but soft. He's hands down the largest cat in the house and, prior to eliminating the dry food, he had large, well-formed poops. Now they're soft and super stinky.

I realize that the diet change is likely the culprit - but I'm obviously not switching him back to dry. He's not currently on insulin - he'll be re-checked at the vet's in about a week to see if the diet change has avoided the insulin. Normally, with any of my non-FD cats, I would add plain, canned pumpkin to meals - probably about 1/4 tsp. mixed into a half-can feeding. BUT - I don't know if I can do that with an FD cat? Any insights?

Rena

2. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Yep you can add plain canned pumpkin to the diet. Clide should be fine on it, and it should cause any spikes in his BGs.

Mel, Maxwell, Musette & The Fur Gang

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.