Some advice please

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by kbjmarble, Dec 3, 2018.

1. kbjmarble

kbjmarble New Member

I am struggling with Banji and his levels. He is now up to 6 units twice a day - as you can see his BGs are not improving. He is eating his Fancy Feast Classic two cans daily with limited access to Hill’s W/D dry food (working on getting it out completely but have two other kitties who are not impressed with wet food diet.)

He is a large kitty at 18 lbs - is this just the fine tuning to find his perfect dose? Thank you for any thoughts

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

My first thought is that the W/D food is a big part of the problem. It's got almost 37% carbs which is almost 4 times what is recommended for diabetic cats. If you can't get Banji off the kibble completely because of the other kitties (I know the feeling!) then your best choices would be Young Again, available online only or Dr. Elsey Clean Protein, both of which are low carb kibble. Both companies will send you samples. Changing to a lower carb kibble would likely reduce Banji's insulin needs and probably make regulating him much easier.

I can't see your spreadsheet to see exactly what he's been up to. You need to change the Share settings so anyone with the link can view it.

3. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Hi! I tried to click on Banji's SS but I need to request permission. I think you need to either change the link you're linking to or change the viewing permissions on your SS. Here's how: https://support.google.com/drive/answer/7166529?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en Click on the title with "Anyone with a link to to the folder"

If you can't figure out, could you post some numbers for us to see?

4. kbjmarble

kbjmarble New Member

Thank you - I think the problem with the spreadsheet arises from being linked to my work gmail account. I moved the link to my private gmail account so it should allow access. Please let me know if it works or not.

I thought the W/D was 17% carb when I was looking at the suggested dry food table - didn’t know it was 37% which is major. I ordered the Clean Protein today and it will be here Friday so I will work on a switch but not too fast as to throw off Banji and his insulin.

50A500BA-5C0E-482A-9140-FD02D8A2A5D9.png C8DE396D-4517-40E6-8283-0B4748136185.png

5. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Hmmm it stills says denied access. I think you want to:
    • Go to File and choose Share
    • Choose Anyone with the Link Can View
    • Copy the link they give you
    • Paste that here
    It's been a long time since I did this, so let me know if it doesn't work. We've got others here who can explain it better!

Yes as you switch food definitely do so slowly! It'll help keep a major drop from happening and hopefully help avoid any GI upset that can come from a food change.

Yes his BGs in the screenshot above are high...though that one yellow is interesting. Did you happen to get any mid cycle tests any of those days? If you can share the days you got them and how many hours post shot they were, we can see what's going on more. If not and you can grab some mid cycles those are totally important. Anything you can get will help, though +5-+7 is about when most kitties here hit their lowest point (nadir). If we can tell how low a kitty is going that can help explain whether they are staying too high or going low and then bouncing back up to high numbers. That helps decide the dose.

Let us know if you have questions! Once we can take a look at your SS, we'll be happy to look it over and see if we can find anything. :)