Some good news

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by AlphaCat, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlphaCat

AlphaCat Member

We took Fabby into the new very we like on Monday. (But our doc wasn't there, so we saw a different doc.)
    Different doc said some things that didn't jive with the info here. Not too worried though.
    Y'all are good to us and help us through!
    But the doc I like called with Fabby's test results and to discuss her care.
    Her fructosamine test came back at 495, which the doc says means Fabby's diabetes is well managed, so keep doing what we're doing.
    She said that by the looks of the spread sheet Fabby may be headed for the "R" word. And to keep a close eye on her glucose and body language as she approaches potentially not needing insulin as it could cause a hypo event.
    She double checked I was feeding the right Friskies.
    She was on point, and said everything that did jive with the experts here, so this is a win for Fabby, and a win for all of us!
    (I know we're not quite there, but it's nice to be on the right track.)
    Thank you, all of you.
    We would not be in nearly as good of shape in our progress without all of your help!

2. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

That is very good news! :bighug:
    How is Runswith doing? Sorry if you updated somewhere else. I haven't gotten to Main yet :oops:

AlphaCat likes this.
  3. AlphaCat

AlphaCat Member

She's hanging in there. The vet on Monday said "it's not time now, but it's close". So I've stopped giving her the pills she throws up. She still gets pred, and I have pain meds on standby. But the moment we get to pain meds, it will be time, and we'll take her back in and hold her through it all. I'm still syringe feeding. She's still drinking and urinating on her own. We try to go outside each day and watch the sunset in the yard. I kicked Fabby out of her room so I could leave Runswith's food out while we ran errands today. Runswith didn't eat anything and Fabby is quite perturbed about not being in her room. Lol... but she's grumpy cat on a regular day, perturbed isn't too much of a difference, lol.
    Thanks for asking. (((Hugs)))

4. Allie & Cloud

Allie & Cloud Member

The people here are so wonderful!! I'm happy to hear yet another success story in the making. Crossing my fingers for you fabby!!!

AlphaCat likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.