Somogyi(or not) part 2

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Marlena, Aug 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marlena

Marlena Well-Known Member

previous http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/that-pesky-somogyi.182052/
    In my previous post I wrote about Rocky's numbers going up and I suspected Somogyi but I did not have any evidence but my vet suggested reducing the dose.
    At first I was just pretty sure that Rocky's numbers went up because there is something else causing him problems because on previous occasions when he went very low I did not see a typical pattern of a bounce.
    I increased the dose very slightly and his numbers did not budge so next option was to decrease. Well, he went down on that decreased dose and I thought maybe he doesn't need insulin and he keeps bouncing back so I try not to give a shot. He is back to higher numbers.
    I'm not sure what is going on.
    He is back on insulin. I will have to test him more and I think I'm going to try tight regulation instead of sliding scale.
    Rocky is going to the vet's next week for extensive testing to find out if there is a health issue.
    Any thoughts on this? I would appreciate your input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.