Sophia coming back from honeymoon

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sophia, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sophia

Sophia Well-Known Member

Sophia has been on a honeymoon since oct 2005 and is/was diet controlled. She now has hyper-t and we give her gel on her ears. She was throwing up in June and we took her to the vet who has a problem with Sophia and does not like her much.. she said Sophia does not like her.

In May Sophia was 70 /her bg at the vet is a lot higher/ and since she did not want to eat anymore the vet told me that I should just give her anything she would like.. I bought lots of FF cans.. some with gravy but all of them different so she won't get bored.She is now skin and bones.. 15 years old.
    This morning we checked her and she was 147 and she has not been as high on a 'people meter' since many many years...

Can I do anything now so she won't go back to being an insulin dependent diabetic.. in the old days she had Humilin L which worked great. This is not availabel anymore.

Does hyper-t make her go back to high bg.. Thank you.

Fortuntely my Greylie was 68 this morning. He has kidney problems and is on a diabetic/kidney diet.

2. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

I cannot comment on the bg but from what little I know about hyper T, if she's skin and bones she may need her meds altered... how is her appetite?

Jen

3. Sophia

Sophia Well-Known Member

we used to give her gel twice daily one dose. After she went to the vet to have her checked /she threw up/ we give her 2 doses in hte morning and one at night... her appetite is not good and the vet said... just give her whatever she wants she eats different kinds of FF now /she was on wet DM before/ but with that the bg went up.

The most important thing is eating... but if the bg gets higher with this diet that is not good either. It looks like fish has the least carb but if I give her fish all the time that is not good either from what I read..

4. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

I think inappetance is one of the side effects; you need to chat with some others about this as I know there are many here with Hyper T experience...

5. Sophia

Sophia Well-Known Member

thank you. I waanted to give her the nuclear shot but did not want to. It is his cat but I think he was influenced by his sde of the family who say that they would never spend any money on a cat... while I think Sophia deserved it... now it is too late because her health is not good...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.