Sophia's AMPS

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by ssblackcat Sophia & Susan, May 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssblackcat Sophia & Susan

ssblackcat Sophia & Susan Member

A new day! We overslept a little....Sophia's PS number this morning is 274 and she's enjoying some FF classic for breakfast. I'd love help with how much Prozinc she should have.

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Since we don't know where her levels were last night, and she has a decent amps this morning, how about trying 0.5 again, get a nadir and see how the dose works midcycle. Then we'll know if she needs a little more next time.

Robin&BB likes this.
  3. ssblackcat Sophia & Susan

Is that a decent number?

4. Sue and Oliver (GA)

We try for regulation first - mid 200s at preshot and low 100s or double digits at nadir (but above the hypo range). Then we fine tune the dose. Considering the shot was a little late, she is in that range. Let's see if her nadir is (+5-7)

5. Robin&BB

Robin&BB Well-Known Member

I agree with Sue here on that 0.5 dose you gave her this morning. What you saw at +2 last night looks like a pretty typical post-feeding food spike, so we'll see how Sophia nadirs today - it will be good to have some mid-cycle data on this dose before thinking about making any changes.
    :)

6. ssblackcat Sophia & Susan

I also realized I named the thread the same as yesterday's. I'll try to be more original when starting a new one. :D

Robin&BB likes this.
  7. ssblackcat Sophia & Susan

I don't want to wait until 8pm (full 12 hours) to give Sophie her PM (we overslept this morning). Can I shoot her a little early? She is in my lap and in my face, begging for dinner! I've posted her numbers.Oh, and dosage?
    @Robin&BB @Sue and Oliver (GA)

8. Sue and Oliver (GA)

She is a little higher than her pmps yesterday. 0.5 again. I think it'd be fine. Is it 30 minutes early? Maybe plan to get a before bed test.

9. ssblackcat Sophia & Susan

I'm feeding her right now. It's about 45 minutes early tonight.

10. ssblackcat Sophia & Susan

I will for sure get a +2.

Rachel and Sue and Oliver (GA) like this.
  11. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow, Susan - think what would have happened if you had continued with the 2 units - her numbers are pretty good on 0.5
    Actually, this flexibility of dosing is one of the reasons I really like Prozinc- when Murphy is high, I frequently feed and dose him sometimes even an hour early - and if he is low, I can feed and dose an hour later. The insulin is great that way
    you are doing a stellar job, by the way

12. ssblackcat Sophia & Susan

Sophie is 324 at +2, about where she was last night. I can probably do a +3. Is that an acceptable number? She has been eating her dinner still, she doesn't eat it all at once and since she's a little under weight, I leave it down for her for a while and she goes back to it several times. Any thoughts, suggestions? Does she need a higher dose at PM?

13. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Looks like a safe number for you to sleep tonight. She could afford to drop a little more for nadir so, the next cycle you can monitor, you might increase by a little. If you can get the U100s, you could do 0.6?

14. Robin&BB

Hi, Susan! :) How are you doing today - any big Memorial Day plans? If you're going to be home, any chance you can get in some mid-cycle tests on Sophia this cycle? (Always helpful to have the data.;))

15. ssblackcat Sophia & Susan

Good morning! I am home and I've entered some numbers, just did a +3. She's lookin' good! :joyful:

16. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Look at that! Very nice.

17. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Wow! Blue at +3. Looking forward to what she does throughout the day. :) I'd be sure to catch a few more numbers if you can so we can see how far down she goes.

18. Robin&BB

Yep, I agree! That +3 is lookin' pretty sweet, Susan!:cool::D
    GO, Sophia!!!:joyful::cat:

19. ssblackcat Sophia & Susan

Should I do a +4 or wait for +5? I feel bad for poking her so much.

20. Robin&BB

Don't feel bad, Susan. They have very few nerve endings at the edges of their ears (it's not like it feels to us when we prick our finger with a lancet - that HURTS:eek: because there are so many nerve endings in our fingertips.) Kitty's ears will get better at giving you the droplet over time, almost as though they get "seasoned."

Those are beautiful #s I'm seeing at +3 & +5!!! You're doing a great job with her!:)

21. ssblackcat Sophia & Susan

It's about 15 minutes shy of +10 and she is at 329. She hasn't snacked at all, no food since breakfast. I gave her a small piece of rare roast beef just now for being such a good kitty :cat: @Robin&BB & @Rachel & @Sue and Oliver (GA) , is that a good number for her to be at right now? Should I stick with her 0.5 for PM? I'll get her PMPS number, would expect it to be in the high 300s. Tomorrow, it's back to work and hopefully, she's on a good dosage on her own.

22. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Looks like she maybe bounced from her lower numbers today for pmps. I think I'd be tempted to stick with the 0.5 since it's overnight and harder to monitor. If you want to plan on some additional testing, you could try a fat 0.5.

23. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Yep, it looks like a bounce. Those were some lower mid cycle numbers, so it's not all that surprising that she bounced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.