sophistcat?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by bradie96, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradie96

bradie96 Member

anyone here feed petsmart brand sophisticat? just wanting some opinions on how your cats like it.....
    i see they have a few flavors that the carb levels are alot lower than the 9 lives they get now....i also feed fancy feast but that gets quite expensive feeding 2 on that and i noticed the petsmart brand has the larger cans for 38cents a can....

i changed over to friskies and noticed patches started his drinking again and once i took those away and went back to 9 lives he was good again...but was interested in the sophisicat brand

thanks for any info....

2. Dana & Thomas

Dana & Thomas Member

Thomas eats that, but he only likes the one flavour, turkey I believe. When I open the can, I think it smells better than FF.
    Dana

3. bradie96

bradie96 Member

thanks!
    i have a few flavors im going to try with them.neither seem to like any turkey flavors they like chicken and the only chicken i see is liver and chicken...they really like fancy feast but i am trying to just feed that on weekends...
    thanks for the input ill give it a try.

4. Gail & Houdini (GA)

Gail & Houdini (GA) Well-Known Member

Petsmart was out of the Friskies seafood favorites so I bought Sophisticat instead.....it smells weird and is all mushy....only one out of 7 in my household will eat it and he eats anything. Maybe some of the other flavors are better but the Salmon and Mariners Catch didn't go over well here at all.

5. bradie96

bradie96 Member

well i jsut picked up a few flavors...to me they look like fancy feast and smell like them
    the liver and chicken is being DEVOURED by both of them which THANK GOD cause i get tired of having to return flavors they dont like! so we will try the other flavors as we go..

got mixed grill, turkey giblet, country style and liver chicken

6. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

I only buy the Sophisticat Supreme now. The regular (cheaper) stuff stinks to high heaven in my sensitive nose opinion. Our fussbutts like a variety and that's one we rotate in now and then.

7. Seattlebrian

Seattlebrian Member

My cat won't touch the Supreme. I feed her the Beef & Liver, Chicken & Liver, Country Dinner, and Mixed Grill. All are either 1% or 0% on the chart. She also didn't like the Mariner's Catch for sophisticat. Which is odd, since she loves seafood and has inhaled every other fish flavor food I have ever tried giving her.

8. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

Sophisticat is one of many of the low carb foods that I feed my civvie herd. Stormy Blue gets a wee bit upon occasion,
    but I keep him on low carb/low phos foods, (generally Evo), 90% of the time since he is diabetic AND has CRD.

~M

9. bradie96

bradie96 Member

i havent tried the supreme but i can tell you neither of them touched the 9 lives turkey dinner i left out along with the chicken and liver sophistcat this morning, the bowl was left completely full and the chicken and liver i mixed on top of the 9 lives was picked through, and when i cleaned that out and left out the sophistcat they gobbled it up in seconds...so we have a winner! they arent too keen on anything turkey so im left with mixed grill, chic liver, and country platter....i think it reminds them of FF which is their favorite but just a bit too much money wise for 2 cats

thanks for your input on this!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.