sore ears

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sugarsquishy, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

i dont think that squishy has sore ears, but i was wondering if there is anything i can put on them if they ever do. we have been testing him quite a bet since we are still kinda new at this, and i just feel so bad for his poor little ears? any suggestions?

2. Pandasmom

Pandasmom Member

There's a type of Polysporin that has pain relief meds in it. In Canada it's called Polysporin Complete, probably the same in the US?

Odiesmom

3. JJ & Gwyn

JJ & Gwyn Member

Once you have the blood on the test strip, put the meter down and use your fingers to put slight pressure on both sides of the ear where you've just poked. That'll help reduce any bruising. Also, remember that your cat has two ears ;)

4. Pandasmom

Pandasmom Member

... and two edges to both ears :smile:

5. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Hi there from a local =)

When Tugger's ears looked sore/bruised I used Neosporin with pain relief. I got it at WalMart when I bought his meter and stuff. There are also alcohol wipes with pain relief but don't use those very often as the alcohol can be drying. I know they do numb though because I accidentally touched my lips once before I washed my hands and my lips went numb for a bit :lol:

I noticed with Tugger that unless I hit the vein and didn't have a chance to apply pressure long enough he never really bruised. I think the ears just sort of go numb to the poke or something, because when I was testing a lot every day he would sit patiently and didn't react to the poke. When he went OTJ and testing has been less frequent (once a week now) he now flinches a bit like he did in the early days. He still puts up with it so he can have his freeze dried chicken treats after though ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.