Sore/Scab Question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Nicole & Baby, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

One of my girls gets a Scab on her chin... it is small.. does not seem to bother her.. I just notice it when she is laying with all 4's in the air LOL
    Anyway.. it disappears in a few days & then will reappear... any thoughts? I kind of thought feline acne.. because one time "I popped it" & white ooze came out.. but I am not sure how Feline Acne presents itself.

2. Victoria & Sundance

Victoria & Sundance Member

One of the leading causes of feline acne is the use of plastic bowls for water and food. Do you use any plastic? If so, just switch it out with a glass or ceramic bowl. There are other causes too and I'll let others chime in her about them. Sundance got the chin acne from plastic and someone here told me to switch the bowls. It was gone forever after a few days. Our current cat has not used plastic since we adopted him... just a precaution.

3. Nicole & Baby

Victoria & Sundance, thank you for your valuable input - I actually had heard that years ago, so we do not use Plastic... so that is not contributing. I do appreciate your input though! :D

4. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Ricky has that problem also. I got some Animax ointment from the vet and that seemed to help clear it up. Whenever he starts to have a breakout, I just put it on his chin for a few days.

5. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

The severity as well as the cause seems to vary from cat to cat. Some require oral antibiotics. One treatment is to shave the area and apply an antiseptic such as Betadine. It also helps to squeeze out the blackheads that usually occur.

6. Nicole & Baby

Thank you everyone for your valuable input!
    I got a closer look this afternoon & I am thinking it might be an ingrown hair... but naturally my plans to investigate were different than her plans to make me leave her alone :eek:

7. Mal and Tubby (GA)

Mal and Tubby (GA) Member

The old forum had posts about that problem. It could turn out bad so I would keep a close eye on her chin. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.