Soulistic Brand Food

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by HimynameisDucky, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HimynameisDucky

HimynameisDucky New Member

Hey there everyone! I am still continuing my quest for the right food for my girl Ducky and her sister Millie. Does anyone have any experience with the Soulistic brand? Both of my girls LOVED it and I loved it because the price was reasonable and it came in a bigger can, so less waste. However, I noticed that literally ALL of there food is made with tuna and tuna broth as the first and third ingredients. I was always under the impression that too much fish in a cat's diet is not good for them? Ive been feeding my girls exclusively poultry or beef based foods because I realized (and smelled) that their stomachs were not handling fish based foods very well.

So my question - do you think the Soulistic brand is a good option for my girls? Ive been trying a bunch of different foods, so I would like to finally settle on one soon.

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Soulistic Aromatic Chicken was of my early attempts, but the girls would not eat it, and it looked rather gross to me. It does not have fish in it though.

3. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

I use it only when Bronx won't go near his food due to the bad taste of some supplements I add to his normal RadCat food. Petco carries most of their line. Not all Soulistic is low carb.

4. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I think Soulistic is exclusively sold at Petco.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  5. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Petco is the only seller of Soulistic foods, I am sure. I was just in touch with the company last week. They are very helpful, if you need to contact them for any reason.

Two of my cats go crazy for the Aromatic Chicken, it's their favorite food out of all the ones I feed. The other two cats will nibble at it, but don't really care much for it. It is very good cat food.

6. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

I've included Soulistic In my cat's diet for years. They do have some poultry options. The newer line they came out with in the red packaging seems to have more non-fish options. A few years ago I had my vet look at the label to see if it was a good food and he said the cat was probably eating better than him. Lol My husband tried the tuna once after I dared him because he said it looked like people food. Said it tasted like people tuna. You would have to check the chart on catinfo.org to check the specifics on protein, fat and carbs.

HimynameisDucky likes this.
  7. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

what i fed my cats before diabetes diagnosis. all 10 cats/kittens reallly loved the golden fortune with pumpkin soup (chicken & tuna i believe it was) the best as long as i cut the chicken into smaller pieces otherwise they would eat everything but, chicken. most also liked the other pumpkin soups and the moist & tender duck (has tuna in it too!). their fav is high in carbs so had to give it up, the duck is around 8-9% wet carbs so we put that out once in awhile when diabetic cat's numbers are low. my cats weren't into pates at all before so we never tried their pate-shreds versions which are lower in carbs, will have to look into trying them now that you got soulistic on my mind.

As for digestive/stool issues due to tuna/fish, my cats did well on the pumpkin soup versions, think the pumpkin soup helped offset the digestive/loose stools issues some had when they ate the moist & tender duck or other tuna included flavors.

Soulistic is a very good brand considering it is exclusively made for petco by the pricey well rated brand weruva, actually reason we original decided to try petco's soulistic brand..

8. HimynameisDucky

HimynameisDucky New Member

Thank you so much everyone! I will definitely attempt the Soulistic brand again and keep a closer eye on the litter box to see how their tummies handle it. For right now I picked up some low carb fancy feast and low carb Beyond food, which they also seem to love.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.