Speedy recovery

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Cake, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Cake

Cake New Member

Kitty was diagnosed just in August and already she's gone down to normal for about 3-4 weeks now! (Still checking her BG semi-regularly).
    It's kind of a relief that I don't need to dose her right now since I was doing it at 5:40am...but now all the cats expect their food at that time in the morning T-T.
    No rest for the wicked.

blep.jpg

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Beautiful baby girl. Keep testing Cake though at least once a week for awhile, then at least once a month. Once a diabetic always a diabetic, just diet controlled. Watch for increased appetite, excessive water drinking or peeing.

Sorry that you trained the kitties so well and they expect breffis so darned early. Maybe you can retrain them so they will eat later, or leave some frozen wet food cubes out for them to snack:) on at night?

Anyway, thank you so much for the update. Take care of yourself, Cake and the other kitties. :)

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  3. Cake

Cake New Member

I'm definitely going to keep a sharp eye on her from now on!
    I'll have to try that ice cube trick, it's been a mutiny every morning if I sleep in past 5:20...

Thank you so much!!

Idjit's mom likes this.
  4. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

That pic is priceless! Thanks for the smile! :D

5. Cake

Cake New Member

You're welcome!! :)

6. Snickers and Chrissy

Snickers and Chrissy Member

That's amazing. I'm a newbie here and trying to learn. I'm just wondering a couple things. Was your cat only on insulin for like a month or two then? And were her numbers high when you started or always on the lower end? That's so great for you and your kitty! Congrats!