? Spot weirdness... dosing advice?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by SpotsMom, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

I have no idea what is happening right now. Spot's insulin needs have decreased rapidly over just the past few days. I maybe should have held off on insulin altogether this morning, but my daughter was home to monitor him, thank goodness! I'm scared to give him anything tonight since even 1.5u seemed to be way too much for him today!

I'm also getting a little hopeful to think maybe his pancreas has decided to help out a little bit and start producing insulin again.. too soon for the R word... but geez there's a shred of hope!

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

This is great! Do you find that the CBD oil helps him? I'd be tempted to drop his dose to 1 u tonight. I personally find it easier to drop a dose a bit lower than might actually be necessary (and then increasing a little afterward) rather than try to decide how much to drop it without going down too much. He'll likely be more insulin sensitive after those lime greens too.

3. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

The main benefit I've noticed from the CBD is his appetite is a lot more consistent. I just posted yesterday in the main forum about his 1.4lb weight gain(!!!), which I attribute almost 100% to the CBD oil! I'm sure eating is making him feel better, which is probably helping the numbers, but I haven't noticed a direct impact.

Even 1u is scary right now, but I agree its probably a good idea :facepalm:

4. Kris & Teasel

I can't get CBD oil legally in Canada. There are hemp seed oils available with added terpenes that might have a similar positive effect. My guess is 1 u should be OK - it's a 33% dose reduction. You could try a 50% reduction if you're feeling nervous.

5. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

I do understand being nervous about one unit, but he'll most likely run a little high tonight anyway given how low he dropped, and you test enough even during the PM cycle to keep him good and safe. Although as always, you hold the syringe and please feel free to do whatever you are most comfortable doing.

@Kris & Teasel, didn't I just read that Canada has legalized marijuana beginning in October? Just a few more months...

SpotsMom likes this.
  6. Kris & Teasel

Yes, Djamila, but there's still going to be some set of dumb regulations around CBD oil. I don't know enough of the details to say more. Cannabis will be legal on October 17 th but there are lots of restrictions and each province will be able to have its own regulations.

Djamila likes this.
  7. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

I went ahead with 1u. I was expecting a bit of a bounce but 271 is a good PS number. I’ll check again in a few hours but I suspect you’re right @Djamila that he’ll probably be high tonight. We’ll see!
    Thank you @Kris & Teasel and @Djamila for the support, as always!!

Djamila and Kris & Teasel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.