Spreadsheet review after curve

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sugarkitty15, May 19, 2020.

1. Sugarkitty15

Sugarkitty15 Member

Hi!

Can I get some help reviewing the spreadsheet after a curve this weekend? I'm not super comfortable interpreting needs based off those yet. I was a little shocked at his AMPS this morning, I wasn't able to stall and restest so I just skipped it. I hope I didn't mess anything up! I'm curious if this dose is still good for Squeaks? TYIA!

Deb & Wink likes this.
  2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

That AMPS this morning was close enough to 150 that you could have given Squeaks his full dose. With some ability to monitor him during the cycle.
    A BG of 150 mg/dL is the decision threshold for giving the full dose of insulin, stalling, giving a token dose, or delaying the shot a couple of hours.

You want to see Squeaks BG levels down in the blues and even lower into the greens (<99 mg/dL). To give his pancreas time to heal.

Based on his curve, Squeaks needs more insulin.
    Option number 1 is a fat dose. Do you think you could measure just a tiny bit more than the 0.75U dose? And give Squeaks a "fat" dose tomorrow morning?

These pictures are showing the plunger placement for smaller doses. They also show U100 syringes, but the concept is the same on the plunger placement for U40 syringes. Sorry, don't have any pictures for the 0.75U dose. But imagine the 0.25U dose, but almost up to the 1U line on the syringe. If that makes any sense.

Fine Dose Pictorial Guide

Fine dose gradations:
    • 0.5U = exactly half a unit
    • 0.4U = skinny 0.5 touching the line
    • 0.3U = skinny 0.5 with daylight under the line
    • 0.2U = fat zero with daylight over the line
    • 0.1U = fat zero barely touching the line
    Pictorial guide using a U-100 syringe marked with half units:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Option number 2 is to give Squeaks the full 1U dose tomorrow.

Panic likes this.
  3. Sugarkitty15

Sugarkitty15 Member

Ugh! For some reason I didn’t get an email when you replied this time (usually I do, so I just saw this now). I will start giving squeaks 1U. Should I try to do another curve in a week or so?

Deb & Wink likes this.
  4. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Darn! on no email. That happens sometimes, so it's a good idea to sign in to the message board and manually check your thread occasionally.

Yes, please on the curve in another week or so. On the SLGS Prozinc protocol, those curves are a key way we have of telling what is going on.

5. Sugarkitty15

Sugarkitty15 Member

Ok great, will do! Thank you for your help!

Deb & Wink likes this.