? Sprocket 12/13. ?'s & update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Darnell & Sprocket (GA), Dec 12, 2018.

1. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

Darnell & Sprocket (GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/sprocket-12-6-new-info-bloodwork.207561/#post-2301148

Hi. Sprocket is eating about 10-13oz now. He is surfing in 100s but also bouncing into 300s, sometimes high 300s where I know it makes him feel like crap. He starts drinking more water & playing with his water bowl.
    I hate the bounces, they havent been this bad since last year.

He has ultrasound on 19th wed. morning. I need to test his t3 too as he has also lost 1.75lbs since march and he was eating 14-16oz since then.

Vet has had me keep giving him famotidine 2xday & I give ondansetron when he vomits then doesnt want to eat. Usually his sign of nausea as about 5-10mins after that medicine he eats.
    His Ursodiol is made from sweet almonds from Retco company. I am thinking maybe his body doesnt like the almond oil mix.
    Milk thistle. I think I am not giving enough as been giving 0.50ml which is about 160mg. Dosage says 20drops/1ml =333mg pure organic milk thistle. I should be giving 0.75ml.
    The denamarin has like a concentrated version of milk thistle so I think I got it right now.
    I found an article saying 1000mg pure milk thistle is equal to 100mg of silybin phosphatidylcholine complex which is whats in the Denamarin. And that dose is 62mg per day.

I hope the issue is a simple fix.

??? Trying to get more sleep. I have been going to bed @1-2am. then get up at 4am to make him eat & pick up dishes then back up at 6am to test/feed/insulin & meds. Then back to sleep from 7am-1130am.

I am hoping to skip the 4am & just leave the amount of food he should eat. Do you think he is into this enough to just allow him to eat even if its at 5am or 530am??
    His bg doesnt really shoot high with food plus he has food available while I sleep.
    So can i skip 4am.?

ok came armed with names of people that followed him in past to tag. lol
    Finally.
    @Chris & China @Squeaky and KT (GA) @Shoeskitty-GA @Sienne and Gabby (GA)
    @Bobbie And Bubba @Kris & Teasel @Wendy&Neko @Tanya and Ducia @Noah & me (GA) @Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Thanks

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I don't worry much about when China eats anymore....Once you know your cat well enough, it's not as important that they don't eat for 2 hours before PS

3. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

Darnell & Sprocket (GA) Well-Known Member

Bump. I finally remember to tag a bunch of people....Anyone else have any opinions or suggestions?

4. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm like Chris with this - I know Doc's reactions well enough that I really don't worry about him eating in that 2 hours before shot. Having lots and lots of testing for over 5 years both with and without eating and with different foods, I can tell fairly close what's food and what's 'real'. That comes with a really LONG time of testing.

I can't help at all with any of those supplements - I don't give them.

I leave food out for overnight when I go to bed - unless he's already low then, I don't worry about a night test. Again, I know his body well.

5. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

Hi @Darnell & Sprocket ,
    bouncing is certainly sucks big time. :banghead:
    Ducia too goes into 300s as you can see in the SS. I have no idea what else to do with it so I decided just not to think about it, go easy on ear pokes and have plenty of time for myself.

I do get up to feed at night - alarm mostly but Ducia has been good enough to wake me up on her own, usually 30 min earlier than the alarm. My reason for getting up at all is a crazy one rather: I noticed if I feed her at +9 the PS is often lower than it would be otherwise, it's odd right?:confused: Sometimes I test at night but sometime I just serve the food and go btb. Perhaps you can experiment with leaving out frozen food portions when you are asleep?

I came across interesting post by another member who also just got her BW with elevated liver values.
    She posted the most interesting reply from her vet - you might found it useful for Sprocket because both of your cats are in somewhat similar situation. (btw, an extremely rare case when the vet sounds like real deal v. the usual, imho). Here is the link:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...uly-what-is-a-curve-even.207905/#post-2304281

Nice numbers last night Sprocket, keep it up buddy!:cool: