? Sprocket. 66&67/pmps. Shot 2.75u, +1.3/105, +2.5/68.+4.9/171First time. Scared. Help

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Darnell & Sprocket (GA), Dec 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

Darnell & Sprocket (GA) Well-Known Member

Who is around tonight? I may need some guidance please. Sprocket was 66 & 67 at pmps. I fed 9 carb but while I was typing he ate almost entire can(most of her food, i thought bf was watching). So I gave 2.75u instead of usual 2.87u. I dont know why he dropped as he ate same amount today. Anyone see why he suddenly dropped tonight??
    He was 228 at +7.4. I have a family party tomorrow I am hosting so I was supposed to go to bed early to get up early. I am very upset as I am already overloaded with family party n no help.

I dont know why he dropped. I never shot so low before. Freaking out plus upset from family thing.
    I dont need to be yelled at today.
    Help nicely please. Still crying.
    Thanks

2. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Get a +1 and a +2 to see where he's going tonight. Good job shooting low. :bighug: I would go easy on extra food now, in case you need him to eat later.

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  4. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

105 at +1.3.
    @Wendy&Neko any idea why he dropped suddenly?
    Its weird.

5. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

Just my unsolicited opinion...there is never going to be enough data to explain why - and you keep as much data as almost anyone I have seen.

You don't get many readings at +2, but I would guess your onset is between +2 and +3, so since you got a reading at +1.3, maybe get your next reading at +2.5

Take a breath. This is why we test. As long as you can test a little longer we can hopefully keep Sprocket safe AND get you some sleep :bighug:

6. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

+2.5/68. Help. What do i do? Hes dropping again.

7. Wendy&Neko

I'd give a couple tsps of the 9% again and see if you can get him surfing. Test again in 1/2 hour after feeding, to see if you've stopped the drop. Could you update the SS too? Thanks.

He's earned a reduction again as per SLGS, down to 3.35U.

8. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

I need to look at your SS because I don't know much about Sprocket. Is he a good eater, and do you have high carb food on hand?

Looking at your spreadsheet now

ETA: ok good, Wendy knows more about Sprocket but I'll keep an eye open here too.

9. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

@Wendy&Neko @Sandi & Whisper
    Thanks for helping. I am so tired.

I gave 13 carb. 9 all gone. He ate most n she ate rest of can.. he ate 0.8oz of 13 carb.
    Will test again in 30 mins.
    His dose has been 2.87u for last week. I think he was on day 7 today.
    I did 2.75u tonight. The other is caliper measurement.
    So I should give full 0.25u lower?

Some people wont accept I want slgs because I test enough. I will not do TR cause I cant handle it. Sick of some being mad at me for my decision.

Yes he is good at eating up to a point.
    I have all carb counts almost. I have about a store of food here.

10. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

13 carb is probably better with how tired you are. I'll look for your next test.

I don't know your history well enough to advise on tomorrow's dose. Will have to leave that to Wendy or others, but I would assume that you'll be slightly distracted with the party even if it is at your house tomorrow, so I would personally err on the side of caution.

11. Wendy&Neko

Since Sprocket has earned a reduction according to SLGS, it's fine to carb him up if you need to rest. I would reduce 0.25 unit from the 2.87 unit dose - tonight's action is likely the depot from the 2.87 dose. I guess that equals 2.62?

In future, if the silly boy gives you lower numbers at preshot again, I would stall for 30 minutes without food, to see if he goes up. SLGS suggests not shooting under 90. I know you didn't have control over feeding today, so it is what it is.

12. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

Yes. 2.62 is the dose. I will but its weird 2.87u barely got him under 200 until today. I dont understand that. I was thinking I would have to go up not down.
    I couldnt remember what to do. I pm'd on fb and kinda got yelled at to shoot. Was not lookig for that but I was looking for the procedure.
    Anyway. I know I have to shoot something. He cant go 12 hrs with no insulin. He goes too high.
    I go blank when I see those low bgs.

13. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

96 at +3.6
    I think i will feed more 13 now n test again in hour cause cant stay up much longer

Squeaky and KT (GA) likes this.
  14. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

What's your most recent test, and when was it?

15. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Ok I just missed you. That sounds wise. Fortunately in looking at your spreadsheet it looks like Sprocket comes up out of those lower numbers pretty easily.

16. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

That's a good plan Darnell....

17. Wendy&Neko

Glad to see he's come up that much. I would feed just LC. That way when you test in an hour, you know he's coming up on his own, and not just with influence of carbs, and it'll be safe to go to bed.

18. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

Too late. I already fed more 13 carb. So far he ate 1.2oz but my other cat is interrupting him now.
    I am getting pissed n very tired.
    Family holiday tomorrow n so much to do. Did not need this tonight. My bf is being ass n no one is helping me. So mad right now. I need sleep so super bad so just need him safe now.
    Sorry had to vent. Bf is laying on couch watching me do everything. Other cat wont eat food i gave her cause he has other food. Not in mood for that bullcrap!!

Uggg why doea he do this on worst possible time??

19. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

The good news is everyone above agrees you can feed and sleep! Ignore Bob, kiss Sprocket and Cordelia and sleep a little. :bighug::bighug:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  20. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

There's no wrong answer. It's a judgment call based on past experience and what is going on for you at the moment.

I was recommending slightly higher carb just because of your current stressors. In my opinion sprocket should be perfectly safe tonight but get in one last test before you finally drift off if you can. Good luck with everything tomorrow.

21. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

Thanks Sandi.
    Please feel free to look over his SS cause i cant seem to get him under control. I feel like i do things wrong. I need all advice I can get.

22. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug: take deep breaths. It will be ok. Hope you get some rest. Here's some more:bighug::bighug:

23. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

171 at +4.9.
    Leaving 6carb. He ate 12.2oz already today. Half of that was 9 and 13 carb so will test later just to make sure not all food related.
    Thanks.
    Still confused why on day 7 he drops like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.