GA Squeaker is Free

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Anitafrnhamer, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anitafrnhamer

Anitafrnhamer Member

Yesterday, I had to make the agonizing decision to let my beautiful boy go. He fought hard but had grown so weak that he wasn't eating or drinking. He had developed an extremely severe case of pancreatitis, extreme anemia, and being in Stage 4 Renal Failure his kidneys finally gave out. It all just became too much for him. Despite giving him 200 mL sub-q daily he simply could not maintain hydration.

He was something of a miracle as he had survived 28 months after being diagnosed with RCM and lapsing into CHF. At that time his prognosis was 6 months. But he beat the odds for nearly 2 years.

I do miss my boy dearly.

2. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Anita - so sorry to hear this sad news. Sounds like he was one sick, brave kitty I'm sure today was very difficult for you - I hope the loving memories you have will be some comfort to you - so, so sorry this had to happen - peace and love to you and your little angel

3. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Anita

I am so sorry to hear that Squeaker has crossed the bridge. Your love and devotion kept him going with all his health issues and your love gave him the ability to leave with dignity. Hold all your special memories close to give you strength and peace at this time. Squeaker will always be close by in your heart.

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

4. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Oh Anita, I'm so sorry! I know your decision was heart-breaking but you made it out of the purest love for Squeaker. His extra two years are a real tribute to the power of your love, and you being such a great Kitty Mom. He will live on forever in your heart.

Fly free, sweet Squeaker cat_wings>o

5. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Squeaker- both you and he fought such a tough battle and I just know he loved you and appreciated all you did for him...that said, there is never enough time with our precious babies...:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Fly Free Sweet Squeaker and land softly- you were so loved!
    heartcandle.jpg

6. Mogmom and Goofus

Mogmom and Goofus Well-Known Member

You and Squeaker fought the hard fight together, I'm so sorry that he needed to cross the bridge. I hope you'll find some comfort in knowing that he knows you did everything you could for him, RIP Squeaker. cat_wings>o

7. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

So very sorry for your loss. I hope you can find comfort in your memories of him.
    Fly free Squeakercat_wings>o

8. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Sending purrs and prayers

9. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Oh, Anita ...

My heart sank to see this desperately sad news, and my heart goes out to you. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Squeaker was so blessed to have such a wonderful mom. I am glad that, through all of your love and care for him, you had that extra, precious time together. Even so, we never get to have enough time ...

For Spirit Squeaker ...

[​IMG]

10. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. Be free little one.

11. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. Be free little one.

12. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Requiem aaeternum, Squeaker.
    {{hugs}}

13. Julia Rae

Julia Rae Well-Known Member

Many hugs, know that Squeaker is watching over you and in your hart.

Norse Legend of the Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Critter Mom likes this.
  14. Jamye and Fred

Jamye and Fred Member

We are so sorry for your loss cat_wings>o .... Squeaker was a true warrior, lived a good long life (13?) and you are the best mama! :bighug:

15. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

(((Anita))), I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful boy, Squeaker.
    You were a truly amazing friend and caregiver to him. With your love, care and dedication you managed to give him a great quality of life despite his other conditions.
    I know you will miss him. But I hope he will soon give you a sign that all is well....

Hugs to you, dear Anita.
    Fly free, sweet spirit-Squeaker. Land softly in the heart of the one who loves you best....

Eliz x

16. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Anita, I'm SO sorry it was sweet Squeaks time to cross. Remember, he's not gone - you just have to hug him differently.

Soar high sweet boy, soar high...

17. Jeanne & Dottie

Jeanne & Dottie Member

Ohhh so sorry you lost Squeaky, Anita:( We're never ready to let them go, it does hurt so much. Squeak's still around, safe now in your heart. No more pain for him. You were a good CatMom. Time for you to rest now, please treat yourself kindly.

18. granadilla

granadilla Well-Known Member

Anita, I'm so so sorry. Squeaker was a fighter and you were an amazing advocate and fighter for him. Fly free little one, and land softly.

19. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

I am so sorry Anita….. no word just gentle loving thoughts ...:bighug::bighug::bighug:

20. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Lighting a ring of never ending candles, in loving memory of your beloved Squeaker Your love of Squeaker will never end. Goodbye sweet darling.
    candle.jpg

21. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Thinking of you, Anita.

:bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.