Squiggy....help please

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jean and Squiggy, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jean and Squiggy

Jean and Squiggy New Member

It's Jen posting...does anyone have any ideas for this curve that does not look like a curve?
    I'm most worried about poor appetite. Jean is going to give him some well cooked eggs. Just to try to tempt him to eat. He is only nibbling...
    I'm worried that this is rebound...but the numbers are not high....we also just added MD dry yesterday to try to get him to eat...along with a dose decrease of .2 to .8 instead of 1 unit of PZI because the nadir was +2 and kind of a steep drop.

Background...this is Jennifer+Spunky trying to help her..I post as her so you can see Squiggys spreadsheet...

There are more posts in PZI...if you need to catch up.

I'm frustrated...... Jen :sad:

2. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Wow, 20 YO.

I don't really see a problem with his numbers. I don't think a 100 point drop at +2 on PZI is severe. And if he was fed dry yesterday, that accounts for him going back into the 200s after +2. But .8U isn't that different than 1U, so if you both feel more comfortable there, that's OK.

His profile says bad teeth and that could be causing some problems with eating. I wouldn't put a 10YO under for a dental, but I would ask the vet for a course of clindamycin (an antibiotic for dental problems). I also would try some FortiFlora on his food.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.