Squishy 6/16

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by sugarsquishy, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

so my second ear prick went a little better. is his number for +4 too much of a drop from him amps. i need to go to wal mart to get him some more food and a couple of other things, but i am a little nervous to leave him home alone..

2. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

He had a similar drop on the PM shot on 6/12, he was fine then, right? If you are worried he may drop too much while you're gone, I would give him a snack before you leave, that should cushion him. How long will you be gone?

I know it's nervewracking in the beginning!

3. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

well i gave him half a can of ff while i was checking his bg, and i should only be about an hour or so. i am pretty sure he would be fine. but i am always still just a little nervous. haha. it is so hard to see his numbers going down and leaving him. it seems silly. i am really happy his numbers are getting better but a little nervous too.

4. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

He should be fine. He would have to drop 80 in that hour to be in danger, and since you fed him that is very unlikely. I know just how you feel though, I was really worried all of the time in the beginning too. Heck, I still worry if Tinkles gets close to 100, and I have to remind myself that that is the goal, to get under 120! You're doing great!

5. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

Sounds like you need to get out of the house. Go, have fun at Wal-Mart. Then hurry home and see that Squishy is just fine.

He'll forgive you for the ear pricks. It WILL get easier.

And, because I'm a curious person, how did Squishy get his name?

6. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

haha. he got his name from Finding Nemo. when the blue fish dorry is playing with the little jelly fish she is like " you are squishy and i will call you my little squishy and you shall be mine". haha. when i got him i told him that and i was just like ok. i will just name you squishy. he was so little and just a ball of fur when i got him.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

whoo hoo sugar, that is a purrfect # at that hour. i don't think there is anything to worry about but i do see reason to celebrate. squishy and you are doing fabulous...you are right on track! :mrgreen:

8. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

:lol: I was just about to post that your kitty's name reminds me of that part in the Finding Nemo movie! Too cute!

9. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

that is too adorable! love that movie, though I had forgotten that line (but now I can hear it loud & clear in my head! :mrgreen: ) Great +4 #, yippee!!!

10. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

WOOHOO!!! OUR FIRST GREEN NUMBER AT +6. SUPER EXCITED... (still nervous) haha. i dont think the nerves will ever go away completely, but i was super happy to see that little green box. also got the test done with no wet food. kinda scared me a little though cause i think i got the vein it bleed pretty much. hope i didnt hurt him. will try really hard not to get the vein again. it was kinda scary.

11. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Perfect!!! Great #s today party_cat

12. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Congrats!! Squishy is giving you great #s today, that's awesome! dancing_cat

13. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

yes he is.. i am very proud of my baby. he is being such a good boy today.. i can here him out in the kitchen now playing with his foil balls. he loves those things. i can buy him all the toys in the world and he wont touch them. but when he hears me get the foil out he is right there waiting for his fresh foil ball. haha.

14. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Woot!! Yay greens!! :RAHCAT

I also wondered if he was Nemo-named. When my oldest was a weeble, that was our favorite movie at naptime. To this day, DH will still errantly pop his head around the corner and say "I wish I spoke whale" and then walk off.

15. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

ok just did +8 and i am really nervous it was 67. we have never been this low before. what should i do?????

16. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

How is he acting? If he is acting normally, you really don't have to do anything. If you are worried, you can give him a small snack (1-2 tbsp) of his normal lc food. If he shows any signs of hypo, follow the instructions on your hypo guidelines. Retest him soon and post again.

17. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

+9 102. this makes me feel better. also makes me think something might of been wrong with that test strip. he did half a can of ff when we did the +8 so maybe that brought it back up. not sure. but i feel much better with the 102.

18. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

The FF probably brought him back up. As long as he was acting ok, 67 isn't too low. Tinkles has gotten down to 59 with no hypo symptoms at all. If I remember correctly, 40 is the point where it becomes dangerous. You did fine, don't worry. Food is the solution if you think he's too low or if you think he is dropping too low too fast.

Do you have the hypo guidelines printed out and hanging on your fridge? If not, now is a good time to do it. ;-)

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you know a normie kittie (non diabetic) is often 67 or less.
    even at 40 it's not a hypo it's just time to be vigilant with testing...i would'nt even do the high carb unless it went under 40 and then break out the canned gravy food...17 carbs or more...then if kitty won't eat let him lick the gravy which has all the carbs in it. if kitty sinks lower break out the karo, honey, syrup...
    but i love the 67 FWIW

20. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

pmps. 347. gave him 1 unit. his pmps is always higher then his amps. is this normal for a lot of cats?

21. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Lots of cats seem to have a differential between their AMPS and PMPS. Lots of theories on that. For my cats, the middle of the night is "their" time. Kids are asleep. Not a lot of noise. A totally different environment than post-AMPS. ECID, but I wouldn't be too concerned unless you see a weird spike. You'll get to know Squishy's body cycles amazingly well during this whole process ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.