squishy 6/17

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by sugarsquishy, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

had to do a skinny unit. i wont be home today so i i couldnt do a whole unit with his pmps at 267. i will try and come home at lunch to take a quick bg reading...

2. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

I don't blame you for decreasing slightly, I think that was a smart move. :thumbup I'm curious to see how it worked out. Were you able to get a test at lunchtime? You are doing so much better than I did in the beginning!

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Woohoo, nice #s yesterday, eh? Do you leave food out when you aren't home? If you can do that (I found out here it's ok to leave canned food out for hours), or use a timed feeder, I find it helps ease the stress - if they might go a little low, they will naturally eat. I probably would have reduced the dose too, though yesterday's #s were perfect IMO. But still, good to play it safe and gather data when you see something unexpected like that. Looks like he wants the full 1u though - amazing how that one drop can make a difference. Sometimes with PZI it seems like they have a sweet spot with the dose, when their body just likes that amount and really utilizes it well. Not a scientific explanation :) just how I think of it sometimes from what I've seen.

Here's to more blues & greens soon! drinking24 PZI Ville is really rocking these days, yippee!!! ProZinc is earning it's keep!!!

4. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

no i dont leave food out for him during the day. if i did he would gorge himself full of food. i wish everyone could see him and hear him when i am getting his food ready. its like crack or something to him. haha. i will look into the timed feeder though. any suggestions on where i can find one? i was really expecting his number to be hight today when i came home from work to check him, but it wasnt as high as i thought i was pretty happy about that. but i do also agree his body wants one unit. i gave him a whole unit tonight, but i will also be here tonight. his bg is always higher at night i dont understand it, but i guess we will figure it out. is it possible for the pm shot be more units than the am shot? or do they both have to be the same amount??

5. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

I don't have an automatic feeder, but I found this thread on Health.
    viewtopic.php?f=28&t=17527
    You might try doing a search for more threads/info on automatic feeders. If you can, it's good to have food available for him in case he starts to go low. I can't do that, I have other animals, including a piggie civvie kitty! Also, it's a good idea to be consistent with the amount of food and timing of feeding if possible. If that varies, it affects your BG #s and it's harder to get an accurate picture of how the insulin is working.

You don't *have* to do the same dose in the morning and at night, but I wouldn't recommend doing different doses while you are trying to get regulated. When you change doses with ProZinc, it can cause wacky #s until the dose settles. It's really not a good idea to vary the dose IMO. His numbers are good, his ps numbers are decreasing (if you look down the columns, AMPS and PMPS)...you are doing great, I wouldn't tinker too much! I would not try to adjust the dose based on ps #s, but keep an eye on his nadir. When you see a low nadir, that's your cue to lower the dose. I don't think you are far from needing to lower the dose. In fact, I would have stayed with the skinny 1.0u for the next several days once you lowered it and given it a chance to settle. Just my opinion, others may disagree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.