squishy bg

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by sugarsquishy, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

squishy +3 237... pmps 312. 1u of insulin given. is this a good number for the amount of time and units given. i thought it was pretty good. but just wanted to get some input on it.

2. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

That looks like a great drop so far! I wouldn't be worried about that one at all. I would have grabbed a +5 or +6 and headed to bed last night :D

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

looks good to me! you don't want too much drop too soon, as that can be a sign of too much overlap, but some drop by +3 is a good thing! generally you also don't want more than maybe 100 pt drop per hour, so you probably wouldn't want much more drop than this, but this one looks good! sometime if you can get a +2 test you can see if the drop has already started by then (a lot of cats keep rising til +2 or so and then drop after that, so that would give you a better of sense of what the hourly drop might be at that point in his cycle)... no biggie on testing for that stuff though, just mentioning it for reference...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sugar, your #'s and dosing look just purrfect to me. i think you need a copy of "dear mom" to settle your nerves..anyone got a copy for her?
    and FWIW, here's when you can begin to worry. anything under 70 at like +2 or +3, that's just an early warning to keep and eye, BUT not do anything yet. and a # like 70 at +6 or 7 is OK!
    So smile and relax, your doing great.

5. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

thank you so much. every since i found this website i have had so much more faith in how i am treating my little squishy. everyone on here is so helpful and reassuring. i dont know what i would of done with out this site. i really believe it is going to and is saving my babys life... such a huge heavy ball has been lifted off my chest. i truly believe everyone on here are mine and squishy's angels. you guys really do help save lifes, thank you so much again for all the feedback. you all give me all the confidence i need in treating my little sugar baby.

6. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

lori i found the dear mom letter on here, and i sit here laughing at myself because i do all the things in that letter that i dont need to be doing. haha. thanks again for all the help. everyone has been so great.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sugar you know we all felt the way you did when we first got here, nervouse, terrified, overwhelmed etc....
    soon you'll be helping a newbie fresh out of the gate!
    I did want to go over the dosing since squishly is doing so well and we've all said don't worry.
    I don't want to assume you know that there are some #'s you will not shoot.
    amps or pmps of 150 or less = no shot, wait and test an hour or 2 if fed later.
    amps or pmps of 150-200 = reduce that dose to maybe 1/4 U, eyeball it if you have to.
    for other questionable #'s ask here or on health.
    I'm bringing this up becuase squishy is doing so well that is could very well happen and i'd hate to see you overshoot him.
    Lori

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.