Squishy numbers seem good need help

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by sugarsquishy, Jun 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

just tested squishy again +5 bg 104. 1 unit of insulin was giving at 8 pm. is this a good number????

2. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

104 is a great number! With PZI or ProZinc, nadir is often somewhere between +5 and +8, sometimes sooner sometimes later. So it's possible that Squishy could go a bit lower in the next couple of hours, probably not a lot lower. But its hard to know with any certainty without having more data. A full cycle curve with a bg test every two hours will show you how your cat reacts to the dose.

You could grab a quick nap, set an alarm, and test again in at +7 or so.

It would also probably be safe just to call it a night.

Or you could give a small low carb/high protein snack to help guard against bg going much lower. (And by small snack, I'm thinking a tablespoon or two of his regular wet food.)

Me? I'm off to bed.

3. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

So how'd it go for you last night?

Here's how we often post:

6/12 Cat's name

then everything that happens today goes on the same post. You can tell us what amps are, and +whatever progress throughout the day. Keeps most of the relevant info together. For instance, when you ask is +5 104 good, well, if it's coming down from a 500 or a HI, then while the number is good, the steep drop may be too much. (But in your case, coming from a 312, I thought the 104 at +5 was wonderful!)

In the Lantus forum, they often put in a link to their yesterday's "condo". That can be really helpful too.

Not sure if anyone has given you to instructions on how to put up a spreadsheet/profile, but if you had time for that today, it would help us know what's going on.

4. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

Hi there! Yes, I agree with Donna. Please try to get a spreadsheet up soon, so we can really help you. :smile: Not sure what time zone you're on, but if you gave 1 unit again this morning... you definitely want to test today at +4 & +6. maybe +5 if +4 is really low.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.