? SS Review: Hold or increase?

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Oct 28, 2017.

  1. Amanda and a Loudogg

    Amanda and a Loudogg Member

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2017
    Hello all!
    What a mess! So Lou's BGs have gone higher, where his average preshots are in the 300s rather than the 200s. When this first started, we had an awful squeaking/whining/siren-like noise from a spinning thing on the roof, and I assumed the higher numbers were from the stress of this noise. The continuous sound lasted less than 24 hours, but I cannot get him out of the 300s/200s. These preshots are ridiculous! I don't understand why we keep ending up here. I finally start seeing some improvement (it's never brilliant, but I figure at this point beggars can't be choosers), and then it's like the insulin dose stops working. There wasn't even a 100-point difference in the cycle today, which is ridiculous. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

    So the question at this point is do I continue to hold the dose at 2.25 and hope he finally goes down, or do I up the dose to 2.5?

    Thanks in advance!
     
  2. Amanda and a Loudogg

    Amanda and a Loudogg Member

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2017
    It never ceases to amaze me how often I will finally decide to bite the bullet and post for advice, and then while waiting for a response, something (positive or negative) will change/happen. He actually had a preshot number in the 200s, which I thought was really exciting (I'm just ignoring how close to 300 it was, haha). I still gave 2.25u and I'll see how he reacts. I wish this had happened yesterday so I'd have more time to test his reactions at the "lower" preshots. So annoying. :blackeye:
     
  3. JanetNJ

    JanetNJ Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2016
    I like the 2.5 over 300 for now. If it's not enough you can reevaluate in a few days.
     

Share This Page