GA Starbuck is gone, 2006-2017, please see my supply thread!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SarahNOLA, Nov 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarahNOLA

SarahNOLA Member

My thread about her cancer and my decision on Friday

Thread with supplies--I have 3/4 bottle of Lantus and 75 OneTouch strips

I wanted to cross-post this here, in case anyone can use my supplies! Thank you, everyone, for your support during the 3 months I was here.

The cancer happened so fast. My vet thought I could wait till Monday, but going much longer would be playing with fire, since her tumor was growing back along her jawline toward her throat fast. I opted to say goodbye Friday after an awesome mostly-pain-free day full of everything she loved. I think once I get over how awful it was, I'll know I did the best thing for her.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  2. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

I am very sorry for your loss, but know, as does Starbuck, that you made a decision based on love, and with Starbuck close to your heart. She thanks you for setting her free. Fly free little one, land softly at the Bridge. You will always be remembered, never forgotten. :rb_icon:

3. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I just read your last thread in the health forum. :(

You did the right thing. :bighug: What a loving decision you made so she didn't have to suffer or have a rapid sudden decline that you couldn't stop or take the pain away. I'm so sorry she had to go, but you have nothing to forgive yourself for, what you did was extremely difficult but increidbly compassionate. So sorry you are in pain, sending lots of thoughts and hugs your way. Starbucks was lucky to have you. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Kathy and TiTi and Girlie's mom like this.
  4. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

I just read your post in the health forum. I am so, so sorry for your loss, but it's clear that you made the right decision out of tremendous love for Starbucks. I think that took great courage and great selflessness. I am so happy that Starbuck had a wonderful, almost pain-free day on Friday and then went peacefully. I think it was beautiful that she didn't have to suffer through prolonged suffering and pain. You sound like a wonderful mom: Starbucks was really lucky to have you. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to one of my sister’s cats. You made the right decision at the right time but I know so well how much it hurts. :bighug:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  6. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

I've seen that horrible speed. Nothing you can do, but release them. And you did. You did the wisest, kindest, most loving deed.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  7. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss Sarah :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Fly free Starbuck :rb_icon:cat_wings>o:rb_icon:

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. Fly free Starbuck. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear (((Sarah))),
    It is never easy to make that decision, but your Starbuck knew it was her time and I know that her love for you and her trust in you helped her to cross peacefully in your arms.
    Now she is flying free on her beautiful new golden wings. At the Bridge she has lots of company and companionship with our GAs. She is "in good paws" there. And she will always be in your heart.

In deepest sympathy,
    Ella & Edward, Rusty, and Stu (GA)

10. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

Wishing you the peace of knowing you made the right decision, and the comfort of a lifetime of wonderful memories shared together. Fly free sweet Starbuck. We'll miss you but will see you again someday. :rb_icon:

11. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

12. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss:bighug:

13. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

[​IMG]I am so sorry:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry Sarah for the loss of your beautiful Starbuck, I hope you find peace and comfort knowing she is happy and whole again at the Bridge cat_wings>o

15. Kako & Tux

Kako & Tux Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry.....

16. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry
    Land softly Starbuck:rb_icon:cat_wings>o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.