Start Lantus on Monday. Opinions on how much?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by myla, Jun 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myla

myla Member

Hi guys,

I don't have alot of faith in my vet so I defer to all of you for opinions on how much Lantus to start on Monday morning. We are on Humulin N now.

Could you please take a look at our SS and let me know. I'm pretty worried about changing but our chart shows we need to use something not so harsh that would be longer lasting.

Thank you so much for the help.

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

So glad to hear you are changing insulins; I think you will be much happier with a longer lasting insulin that is gentler, and so will your kitty.

If I were you, I would repost my question over on the Lantus support group: viewforum.php?f=9 They all use your insulin and have experience with it. Also, take the time to read the stickies at the top of their page. They have great info on how lantus works and what to watch out for.

BTW Great looking spreadsheet.

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

4. myla

myla Member

Thank you! I will be a good student and I have been studying those links! :) I love my kitty boy Purrcie and want to get a handle on this so he feels like a happy boy again.

5. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Check back often in both forums for feedback thru the day.
    Glad you found this board, it has been a lifesaver to many of our kitties!

6. myla

myla Member

Will do Ronnie! Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.