Starting Elmo on New Prozinc tonight

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Kays8cats, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kays8cats

Kays8cats Member

Hi,

I decided to start Elmo on the New Prozinc tonight.

I had been using compounded PZI U100 from Wedgewood Pharmacy but have decided to go with Prozinc.

Now testing with Maxima meter from hocks so we are starting a new so to speak, new meter, new insulin.

Wish us luck.

Oh, and I am putting the meter in the drawer so no one pees on it again!!! ( see previous posts).

2. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending good luck wishes your way.

Give a shout out if you run into any issues. There are quite a few topic in here about starting ProZinc and I'm not sure how many you have followed. So I will assume for now that you have read them all :D . But feel free to pipe up with your observations or questions.

The main thing I can think of is the conversion [The Wedgwood was U100 and ProZinc is U40]. Are you going to continue to use the U100 syringes? If so make sure to read the sticky about the conversion. If you have any questions about the conversion please make sure to ask. It's important you get it correct. But if you are comfortable with it, using U40 insulin with the U100 syringes is a BIG advantage. I've suggested in the past to folks that were not so comfortable with it to practice with some water perhaps [but don't shoot the cat with water please :smile: ].

Where did you get your ProZinc from?

3. Kays8cats

Kays8cats Member

Thanks,

I am awaiting U40 syringes but I am pretty comfortable with the conversion. I have been a vet tech for many years so no problem there.

I got the Prozinc from my vet who ordered it from the company.

My vet usually gets the compounded PZI from Wedgewood pharmacy but I asked him if he could order it for me and he did.

Another cool thing is my brother is supervisor of a company that sells lab equipment, and sensitive measuring devices etc. and says that he works a bunch with the makers of Prozinc and they have all top of the line equipment etc. and have very strict standards . I am trying to convince him next time he sells something to then to get me some insulin ( wink wink).

The insulin cost me $ 90

4. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

If you are comfortable then no need for U40 syringes [waste of money]. The U100's are the way to go. If you really want U40's there are many here that would be willing top send you theirs for a donation to the Cats in Need http://fdmb-cin.blogspot.com .

$90, but WHERE did you get it from if you don't mind divulging [particularly if a pharmacy]?

5. Kays8cats

Kays8cats Member

Thanks, no idea where my vet got it from but he was nice enough to shop around for me to get a lower price.

I do trade on here with other members and trade supplies. I have U40 syringes on the way and I jsut donated some inhalers and other things I had from GA cats .

goodnight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.