? Starting Lily twice a day

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lily-Fish, Apr 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lily-Fish

Lily-Fish Member

hi all,

The time has come to start lily on twice a day again. I feel she has sufficiently flattened out enough that she will manage twice a day now (or at least a trial). I was going to go with 0.25 twice a day to begin with and keep an eye.

Also, another question. Lily is now peeing more again, yet her sugars are the same or lower than it was previously. Just wondering if the renal threshold can suddenly change?

Thanks in advance,

Becka

2. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I would ask your vet about the excessive peeing. Squallie pees absolute oceans but he only goes once, maybe twice a day (don't know if this makes a difference or not). I have asked my vet about it and he doesn't seem too concerned, as Squallie's bloodwork all looks okay.

Good luck with your change to twice a day, again! Hope it all works out well! :)

Lily-Fish likes this.
  3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

The renal threshold has nothing to do the the amount of urine produced.
    In the proximal tubule of nephrons of the kidney all glucose is removed from the blood. In the distal tubular all glucose is reabsorbed back into the blood if the blood glucose is below the renal threshold. If above the threshold, only some glucose is reabsorbed and the rest remains in the urine.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephron

Critter Mom and Lily-Fish like this.
  4. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

too funny!! I call my boys "Niagra" and "Falls" now LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.