Stasha appproaching 4 years OTJ

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Pam and Stasha (GA), Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pam and Stasha (GA)

Pam and Stasha (GA) Member

Stasha turned 18 last month (Feb). She's never very active, everything else seemed fine but I noticed she was losing weight. Took her to the vet yesterday for a check-up and bloodwork. She was down one pound since last year. We decided since she is beginning to show some dental problems that it would be best to take care of it right away. Otherwise, he felt nothing else was going on. Dr M called tonight with the results of the bloodwork and he said she's in great shape. So, there is no reason for the weightloss other than age and she's just eating less. Blood sugar was 100, which is normal for her. Go Stasha!!!

2. Steve and Blue

Steve and Blue Member

Congrats to you! I'm just hoping to get 4 days OTJ for now. :lol:

It's very wise of you to have your former DM kitty checked when there is any change with her. Nice job!

3. Olliecat

Olliecat Member

Go Sasha! Go Sasha! Go Sasha!!!
    party_cat :RAHCAT :thumbup

4. Olliecat

Olliecat Member

Sorry Stasha - tell your Mommy not to pay attention to my poor spelling (it's too late at night for me to be posting!).

5. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

PAM! what wonderful news!!! sounds like stasha is doing great!
    happy 4 year OTJ annifursary!

6. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Congrats to you and your girl! That's awesome =) I hope we're celebrating this annifursary in 4 years! Here's to another beautiful year for your Stasha drinking24

7. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Multi-year OTJ annifursaries are the best thing ever. Congratulations!

And Pam, BTW...I'd guess you don't keep up your spreadsheet after all this time, but if you want to make some kind of notation on it about what Stasha's normal BG is, that would be great. I'm excited to be the new volunteer to manage the OTJ kitties list. (Something I can contribute that doesn't involve needles or giving advice. :mrgreen: ) All the newbies following in Stasha's footsteps will appreciate it!

8. Pam and Stasha (GA)

Pam and Stasha (GA) Member

LOL! Sorry-we didn't do spreadsheets back then, so we don't have one.

Thanks all!!

9. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

That was the Wild West of Feline Diabetes -- no spreadsheets! :eek: I can't imagine. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.