Stella and Chewy's???

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by miss olive, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miss olive

miss olive New Member

Anyone have any experiences/comments on this??? They are freeze dried chicken and beef patties. I have been struggling to find an acceptable canned food that all three of my cats would eat when I came across this. They seem to really love it... I just split one of the patties between the three of them this afternoon but they were practically fighting over it. It says you can add water to the patties or just feed them as is... I can't seem to find much info on it anywhere so thought I would check here. Thanks :smile:

2. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

Stella and Chewy's is fine, both freeze dried and frozen patties :smile: http://www.stellaandchewys.com

You can find the ingredient info here for the chicken/beef patties for cats since the Stella and Chewy's web site has that product info page under contruction: http://www.petfooddirect.com/Product/10 ... s-Cat-Food

Chicken (ground with bone), beef, chicken liver, beef liver, beef kidney, beef heart, beef tripe, chicken gizzard, ground beef bone, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, direct-fed microorganisms (Pediococcus acidilaticici, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium longum, Entercoccus faecium), magnesium oxide, vitamin E supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, biotin, potassium iodide. Fortified with vitamins and minerals.

I always fed the patties as-is and just as a treat. I've never tried adding water to it but you can if you want.

3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

There have been previous posts on Stella and Chewy's food. Use the search function of this board to find them. I tried posting a link to the search results but was unsuccessful.

4. miss olive

miss olive New Member

Thanks... I will do a search. I gave them each 1/2 patty this morning moistened with warm water and they all licked the plates clean so... (fingers crossed) maybe this is it. I haven't figured out how expensive it will be yet Amazon has them with free shipping but it can't be any more expensive than buying loads of canned food that just goes down the drain because they won't touch it. Will update how it goes after they have eaten it for a while...

5. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

I think I paid about $15/bag at a local pet store. I only fed the patties as a treat. A quarter of a patty was "treat-size" (for my cat) so a bag lasted a couple months. I fed the beef and lamb ones for dogs because my cat didn't like the chicken/beef one for cats :roll: I think the Stella and Chewy's web site has a store locator that you can use to find a local stores that sells the products. That way you can save some money by not having a shipping cost.

6. Donna & Gabby

Donna & Gabby New Member

Thank God for Stella and Chewy. My "dyed in the wool all dry food cat eater" loves the patties. He was recently DX'd as a borderline diabetic. Vet thinks we can regulate him with a food change. BTW, all the others love it too.

Donna & Gabby

7. Gia and Quirk

Gia and Quirk Member

I just want to repeat the usual warning about stocking up on a new food. The Stella & Chewy's is expensive and my cats loved it at first, then rejected it. I wish you better luck!

8. Donna & Gabby

Donna & Gabby New Member

I know about the stocking up thing for sure, done it too many times and have been left holding the "bag" so to speak. We use Fancy Feast for all the others, even though I have my suspicions about the new formula, but he refuses any canned food at all and I'm thrilled he likes this. It's raw and get more water into him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.