Stella and Chewy's

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

I wrote them to ask about the percent of calories from protein, fat and carbs and although it took a couple of back and forths (first answer gave percent but it didn't say by what so I asked for clarification). I got this VERY nice reply and thought people might be interested.

"Good morning Lydia,

Thank you for your patience. I spoke with our COO about the carbohydrate percentage by calorie. Since the level is so low per weight, the level per calorie becomes insignificant…too small to truly include in our calculations. I can assure you that the number is very low, and that our products have had wonderful results with diabetic animals.

Below is a table outlining the other information you requested:
    ETA: The table wouldn't copy into here so I had to reformat it.

Calories are Per 100g of Food

----------------Calories from Fat---% of total Calories----Calories From Protein--% of total Calories

Frozen Beef----------117------------72.9%----------------43-------------------27.1%

Freeze-Dried Beef----368------------72.9%----------------137------------------27.1%

Frozen Chicken-------84-------------61.0%-----------------54------------------39.0%

Freeze-Dried Chicken--244-----------61.0%-----------------156------------------39.0%

Frozen Lamb----------156-----------76.7%-----------------47-------------------23.3%

Freeze-Dried Lamb----434------------76.7%-----------------132------------------23.3%

Frozen Duck-----------72-------------60.0%----------------48------------------40.0%

Freeze-Dried Duck------238------------60.0%----------------159-----------------40.0%

Please feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions!

Have a great day,

Emily Thompson
    Customer Service Representative
    Stella & Chewy's
    PO Box 204
    Muskego, WI 53150
    414-422-1701 (tel)
    888-477-8977 (toll free)
    414-422-1780 (fax)"

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Seems like they are all just meat and thus have essentially zero carbs. However, are they a complete diet? Their site has the cate food section under construction so I can't tell if they are complete.

http://www.stellaandchewys.com/construction.html

3. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Dig a little deeper, Larry. Other links are active there.

4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

There are pages that say the dog food is complete but I could not find anything about the cat food.

5. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

All of the Stella and Chewy's frozen and freeze dried patties are 100% nutritionally complete.

Here is the info for the chicken/beef cat one from PetFoodDirect.com: Chicken (ground with bone), beef, chicken liver, beef liver, beef kidney, beef heart, beef tripe, chicken gizzard, ground beef bone, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, direct-fed microorganisms (Pediococcus acidilaticici, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium longum, Entercoccus faecium), magnesium oxide, vitamin E supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, biotin, potassium iodide. Fortified with vitamins and minerals. http://www.petfooddirect.com/Product/10625/Stella-and-Chewys-Freeze-Dried-Chicken-and-Beef-Patties-Cat-Food

Stella and Chewy's are great for treats/snacks or even a complete meal. I don't know the exact carb content but none of the freeze dried patties (for dogs) affected my cat's bgs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.