? Stewie in blue numbers +7 107 and PMPS 107

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Stewie man, Feb 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stewie man

Stewie man New Member

I am thinking I should hold his PM shot tonight. 107 at +7 and now PMPS also 107. Offered food in prep for possible reduced dose, but he was not interested in much food. He did have a snack about 5:00pm 1/2 can ff. Any advice is welcome.

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry no one go back to you. What did you end up shooting tonight?

Stewie man likes this.
  3. Stewie man

Stewie man New Member

Did not shoot, but checked at +2.75 up a little to 117. Also he did finally eat a bit more at +1. Will see what AMPS brings.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

You can always stall for 20 minutes without feeding and see if the numbers are rising or falling. Also if you put a ? and "need dose advice" in your thread title. That will help get more eyes on your condo.

There is always do overs in this dance of FD.

As long as Jones is willing to take a few bites I have learnt to shoot. Lantus takes about 2 hours to onset, so you have a little time to get them to eat.

Those are not bad numbers for a kitty just starting on insulin.

Stewie man likes this.
  5. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Hi there :cool:

I see from your ss your kitty had a recent episode of DKA. Are you monitoring for ketones ? It’s so very important.

How is he behaving? All 5 Ps in place?
    (Peeing,Pooping, Playing,Purring &
    Preening)

How are his appetite and weight?

Keeping ketones from forming requires that Stewie get plenty of calories and plenty of insulin and that any infection/inflammation/systemic stress be addressed.

Stewie man likes this.
  6. Stewie man

Stewie man New Member

Need to monitor ketones. He is eating, peeing, pooping, playing, purring, and preening. Acting like his usual self. AMPS 237. Shot 1U. His weight is pretty steady. I am pretty happy with his numbers. Just don't want him going too low.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.