Still in the beginning phase

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Dell, Nov 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dell

Dell New Member

Hello Everyone,

I'm Sylvia and my cat is Dell. Dell is a male, 9 years old, his weight is good, and he's in general good health except for the diabetes. He was diagnosed on 10/11/16, and we're still working out the insulin dosage. Dell is being patient and cooperative with the process, and has even become a bit more affectionate through it all.

2. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Sylvia and sweet Dell.

Can you tell us a bit about the treatment plan for Dell. What type of insulin is he on and what type of food are you feeding. Are there any other health issues that you are aware of.

There are some good basic primers on feline diabetes at this link:

http://www.felinediabetes.com/

There is lots of information available here on the different types of insulins and lots of people that can support you and help you with your journey.

:bighug: :bighug:

Dell likes this.
  3. Dell

Dell New Member

Dell is on Lantus and Purina DM. He does not have any other health issues. Fortunately, he also has a very good vet. Thank you for the link and your response.

4. Gamora

Gamora New Member

Hang in there...I'm very new here as well and in the past 48 hours these awesome folk have helped me tremendously. This is a great place to ask questions and voice your concerns.

Welcome

5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome! Ask away if you have any questions or concerns. If you post in the main health forum, more people will see your messages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.