Stopping the PM traffic jam

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by KarenRamboConan, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KarenRamboConan

KarenRamboConan Senior Member Moderator

Good morning, all --

As we now know, the original sender of the PM accidentally hit "all registered users" when sending the PM , so everyone got a copy. And then, when people began replying, they all left the "all registered users" section checked, so everyone got a copy of their responses. This is not a hacker or a virus, just an honest mistake... but we need to get it under control as the West coast is just now starting to wake up to this!

I wish we had a "reply" and "reply all" option on the PMs like most of my boards do - this does an automatic "reply all". When you hit "reply", you need to uncheck all the recipents that you don't want it going to. [Edit to add: "All registered users" should no longer be a possible recipient, as of about 4:45 PM Mountain time. -- Janet]

If your work email is also getting clogged with notifications that you have PMs, please go to your Inbox, click on Board Preferences, and unclick the option to be notified when you have a PM.

Check your Outbox. If your PMs are still there, and they are addressed to "all registered users", delete 'em straight from your Outbox - that means they have not been picked up yet. The Sent ones have been read.

Whew! It's like being a traffic cop this morning! :lol:

Karen/Moderator

2. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

STOP!

And yet, it continues. People, please, stop sending pms to everybody with instructions on how to stop sending pms to everyone! ohmygod_smile

3. Chris and Cider

Chris and Cider New Member

:lol: Sorry to be laughing, but this is all too funny! I just deleted all the PMs, but I got a laugh at the message to stop sending PMs to tell people how to stop sending PMs. :lol: :lol: :lol: Y'all have a great day!

4. kokofriend

kokofriend New Member

I just registered last night and thought "what have I gotten myself into?" I was ready to de-register!

5. Karen and Flo

Karen and Flo Member

Still Happening Folks!!

People are still replying to "all registered users". I don't want to cancel my PMs in case I get a valid one, but really, figure it out!

6. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

It is getting ridiculous. I (and everybody) jut got a PM from some one apologizing for her previous reply where she forgot to remove the everybody.

7. Karen and Flo

Karen and Flo Member

Maybe we're all on Candid Camera, or involved in some secret,government-sponsored psychological experiment to see how long people will keep it up. Or on a Simpsons episode. ;-)

8. Shirley and Ragnar

Shirley and Ragnar Member

Is this "Re:Groundhog Day LOL"?

I assume this is the PM you are referring to, because I just got 54 of them! :smile: I didn't dare click on them - thought it might be a virus - and came straight here to see if there were really any PMs in my box.

There really was something odd, though, because I couldn't log in using the password I KNOW is mine. I had to get a new password sent to me. Now I will change it back to something recognizable, but wonder how that happened - someone hacked into my account?

Or maybe all this is just making us paranoid. :mrgreen:

By the way, I wonder if Ragnar and I belong in the Diabetes group or the "Other Medical Problems" group, since he's been OTJ for months. He is either a diet-regulated diabetic or a former diabetic (if there is such a thing), but his problems now aren't directly related to his diabetes, though they might have caused it. Answers?? (PLEEZE, not as a PM!) :lol:

Blessings!

Shirley and Ragnar

9. Janet & Binky (GA)

Janet & Binky (GA) Senior Member Staff Member Moderator

No hacking has been done -- it's a feature, not a bug! And I think I have turned the feature off now. (I'm on the West Coast, so most of the damage was done by the time I logged on this morning.)

Kokofriend, we all just moved to this software about a month ago, and everyone, including the moderators is still figuring out all the things that can go wrong. Whenever we think we found them all, someone finds a new one for us. Please stick around!

-- Janet

10. KarenRamboConan

KarenRamboConan Senior Member Moderator

OK - Time to "unsticky" this. I think everyone has "gotten" it. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.