? Stress...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Booger's Mom, Mar 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Can stress cause an increase in glucose levels? I am pretty sure I know the answer to this but I have been up all night and I am kind of out of it at the moment. Booger is normally pretty good in the car in the carrier going back and forth to the vets office. He does poop or pee at least once though. If I let him out of the carrier in the car, he seems more content and like he enjoys it. I decided to go grab me some breakfast this morning and thought it was a bright idea to take him with me. (helicopter mom and all) We went 2 miles away and back. He was terrified the whole time! I don't get it. Other times he seemed fine exploring the car and looking out the windows. Do you think this caused him BG to go up? Also, is there anything that counteracts or shouldn't be given with insulin? I have some of these NaturVet Quiet Moments Claiming Aid plus melatonin. I do not see any carb info so I will have to investigate that, but do you think this would be ok to give him before vet visits so he is not so stressed?

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Stress can absolutely cause an increase in bg’s. I’m not familiar with the supplement you mention, but many here use feliway spray and rescue remedy.

Booger's Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.