? Stupid curve tricks and dosing advice

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by shelaghc, May 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shelaghc

shelaghc Well-Known Member

One of those days that I should have taken a step back and not done the curve I'd planned.

Jester's BG has been in yellow numbers since yesterday morning and I only realized a few minutes ago that today was only the fourth time in a row giving him 1u.

(Also, he's been eating more lately - in fact he's already had approximately 1 1/3 cans of Friskies. So that's certainly affecting his BG.)

But I digress.
    My planned curve went stupid when I miscounted getting both a +2 and a +3 instead of a +4. I opted to still do a +5 as he wanted to eat again and it would, of course, affect a +6.

Frankly, I'm giving up on this curve since I'm thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea to just up his dosage to 1.25u tonight.

Could I get some input on the increase tonight and reassurance that others have done similar things so I don't feel like a complete idiot?

Becky & Baby Girl GA likes this.
  2. shelaghc

shelaghc Well-Known Member

And for Jester's PMPS - without further attempts at the curve - we were up to 304 and up to 1.25U.

And that's that.

Becky & Baby Girl GA likes this.
  3. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I think that was fine. We all miscount sometimes...don't worry about it! Whatever data you get is good data...I've done weird curves before too. :)

4. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

The increase tonight was a good idea. And oh yes, I have counted hours wrong before. I'm terrible at keeping track. :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.