Suggestions needed: Cats refusing pate

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by JAAshwell, Feb 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAAshwell

JAAshwell Member

Greetings,

Any suggestions for cats who do not like the pate form of cat food? None of mine care for the pate at all, preferring flaked. Is there a good low carb wet food around that doesn't come in pate form?

Thanks,

Judy&Emmy

2. dirtybirdsoaps

dirtybirdsoaps Member

I would suggest Tiki cat food or Weruva. My cats loved it, but Hidey has had several teeth removed and has a hard time eating them, and sadly Im too lazy to use a food processor.

http://www.petropics.com/

http://www.weruva.com/cat-cuisine-chicken-beef.php

Some petstores carry them, if not you can get them on chewy.com and if your not familiar with chewy, customer service and returns are a breeze. Cheaper prices as well!

Have attached Tiki labs, weruvas is posted on their website.

Attached Files:

KPassa likes this.
  3. ramonaghan

ramonaghan Member

Weruva. You can get it at natural/upscale pet stores, or Amazon and Chewy.com both carry it. Many varieties are both low carb and low phosphorus, and as far as I know all are shredded or flaked proteins in broth. Mine like the Paw Lickin' Chicken, and the Fowl Ball, Chicken Frick'A'Zee, and Goldie Lox from their Cats in the Kitchen line. It's pricey but a high quality food.

Edit: great minds, @dirtybirdsoaps :)

KPassa likes this.
  4. dirtybirdsoaps

dirtybirdsoaps Member

Oh yes, those were some of Hidey's favorites! I keep considering getting them again and maybe adding them to his current food (Holistic Select) I feel bad feeding them JUST pates, especially since I water it down a bit to make it easier. He's never liked pates, until he had a hard time eating. Heck when it gets all packed down I have to help him and get out a spoon and spoon feed him.......oh what we do for our fur babies lol

ramonaghan likes this.
  5. JAAshwell

JAAshwell Member

Thanks! I've ordered some variety packs of the Tiki from Chewy. It's very expensive - I hope I can mix it with the cheaper stuff if they like it. My pet food bills are already $150 a week (5 cats, two dogs). I like that the Weruva is low phosphorous too - I know I can get that at our local boutique shop.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

ramonaghan likes this.
  6. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Some of the Fancy Feast kinds like the Flaked and Chunky styles are <10% carbs. Available at your local grocery and pet stores like Petsmart and Petco so you could try these without waiting for shipping.

Be careful with the Weruva Cats in the Kitchen because the cans are low carb but the pouches are not.

JAAshwell likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.