supplements if homecooking?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Pandasmom, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pandasmom

Pandasmom Member

Hi,

Does anyone homecook their cat's food? If so, what supplements do you put in? Are there specific brands that you recommend?

Yesterday I convinced Odie to eat 3/4 cup fast-fry steak. Today he's eaten 1/4 cup boneless, skinless chicken so far. He refuses any cat food. I'm hoping to get him back on some sort of cat food soon, but for times like this when I'm thrilled to get *anything* into him, I'd like to give him some sort of supplement. It would probably be best as a pill if possible, he won't eat anything sprinkled on food.

Thanks
    Odiesmom

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

3. Pandasmom

Pandasmom Member

Yes, I have seen that...

I cannot feed raw, Odie is on the 3 immune-suppressants, I do not want to risk the bacteria. He also will not eat it.

He is also *EXTREMELY* picky, especially when he's not feeling well. He will only eat the "good" parts of the meat - boneless, skinless chicken, fast-fry steak, salmon steak... I can't add anything directly to the food or he will not touch it.

I'm basically looking for a "multivitamin" type pill that would work. Does that exist??

Thanks
    Odiesmom

4. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

k, not sure about vitamins...when I fed cooked chicken, I was always told dont spice it up, just plain, as a treat.

keep checking back, hopefully u'll get some input.
    have u tried to google it?

good luck!

5. Pandasmom

Pandasmom Member

hm, maybe I wasn't clear (alright, I know I wasn't clear @-) )

I'm looking for something with taurine and whatever else he needs, not just vitamins, it's just that I would like it in a "one-stop-shopping" kind of pill :smile:

I have not had a chance to google very much yet. It's been a stressful few days with him not feeling well and not eating. It's pretty much a fulltime job taking care of him while trying to get my real full-time job done too.

6. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

kris' janie is on a homecooked diet; i'll send her a pm to see if she can stop in to share what she uses.

7. Karen & Angus(GA)

Karen & Angus(GA) Member

There are several "all-in-one" supplements available to add to an all-meat diet. Some are: Feline Instincts, Missing Link, and Call of the Wild. I know there are more. These are all powders. If you want to pill, you can get empty gelatin capsules and fill with the supplement or you could try putting the powder into a pill pocket and pilling with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.