Sweet Callie

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Callie & Patches, Jun 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

My cat Callie is at the Vet's overnight while they try to find an antibiotic for her UTI. I took her in last week and they put her on amoxicillin, but it didn't work. It seems the longer she has the UTI, the higher her glucose goes up. I am hoping that we get this taken care of soon and back on track to getting her diabetes under control.

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB.

3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome. So sorry Callie is feeling bad. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery.

4. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

Hope Callie will be home soon:bighug::cat:

5. Callie & Patches

Thank you for the welcome. I will start a SS soon. I have been using the records that the vet gave me to record all the data.

I feel so bad that she has to be all alone tonight. She always sleeps in bed with us.

6. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

The vet should do a culture and sensitivity test to determine what bacteria is the culprit and what antibiotic is best.

7. Sharon14

How's Callie?

8. Callie & Patches

That's what they said they were going to do. I am worried that as the infection goes away, her blood sugar will drop and I will have to watch and test that she doesn't go too low. I have to teach my family how to test her blood and how much insulin to give her. We are lucky that our vets will meet us at the office 24-7. It only takes

9. Sharon14

You're correct that as the infection clears it is possible that Callie's numbers will go down and she will need a reduction of insulin. It is important that you test and if you can get the spreadsheet set up it will help us to help you see how the insulin is working.

10. Callie & Patches

She is back from the vet with a new antibiotic. They raised her insulin fro, 4 units to 5 because her blood glucose went over 500. I wonder how much is from stress. I will have to test a lot.

11. Sharon14

Yes do test. Do you want some help setting up the spreadsheet? I can't do it, needed help myself, but I can tag someone for you if you'd like.

12. Callie & Patches

I will try to get the SS up in a couple of days, when I have more data.

Sharon14 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.