Sweet Pea

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mom2SweetPea, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mom2SweetPea

Mom2SweetPea Member

Hi all,
    I guess I jumped the gun and posted on the Vetsulin section before introducing ourselves. My cat, Sweet Pea, is 9 years old and was diagnosed 2 weeks ago. Since then I've put on my big girl panties and learned how to give insulin shots (easy!) and take blood test with the Aplhatrak 2 (easier than I thought!). Did her first curve and realized that the vetsulin at 1 unit isn't quite working. She's at the vet doing her first official curve, so we will see. Hoping to get her regulated! Thanks so much for all the fabulous info on this board!!

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. I am impressed that you are already home testing, so glad to read that! We did our first curve at the vet's too, but I know now that we can do our own curve at home and save the $$$. Plus no going to the vet stress which might raise the numbers. Idjit absolutely hates going to the vet and every time is worse. SweetPea is a gorgeous gal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.